options for more than 8 inputs

Discussion and support for Expert Sleepers' Silent Way software and hardware.

Moderators: Kent, os

JES
Veteran Wiggler

options for more than 8 inputs

Post by JES » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:52 am

Greetings. So it looks like if I hook up an ES-6 and ES-7 to an ES-8, I could have up to 12 inputs over USB -- is that correct? Would that also work over an ADAT cable, or is the max 8 channels over an ADAT cable?

Is there a way to connect multiple ES-6s to an ES-3 or ES-8 for more than this number of inputs assuming I have the ADAT inputs? I don't really need more than 8 outputs, but the ES-6 needs an ES-3 or ES-8 for clocking. I'm trying to do the mixing in software.

TIA.
"Now, I'm off to hook my cat's litterbox up to an envelope follower." --Aragorn23

os
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by os » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:04 pm

So it looks like if I hook up an ES-6 and ES-7 to an ES-8, I could have up to 12 inputs over USB -- is that correct?
Yes.
Would that also work over an ADAT cable, or is the max 8 channels over an ADAT cable?
If you're using the ES-8 without USB, you only have 4 inputs.
Is there a way to connect multiple ES-6s to an ES-3 or ES-8 for more than this number of inputs assuming I have the ADAT inputs?
In theory you could daisychain multiple ES-6s off the one expansion cable, but I've never tried it.

JES
Veteran Wiggler

Post by JES » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:29 pm

Thank you.
"Now, I'm off to hook my cat's litterbox up to an envelope follower." --Aragorn23

Return to “Expert Sleepers”