MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Top ten most wanted in 2019
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Top ten most wanted in 2019
Voggg
If money and space were no object, what are the top ten modules you would want to add to your system?

My most wanted:

Hertz Donut 3
Rainmaker
Sisters
Rubicon 2
Verbos Multi Delay

Would be nice:

Verbos random
4ms Stereo Triggered Sampler
Erbe-verb
Qpas? Magneto? A second Planar2?
???

(I'm asking this partly because I haven't been paying attention to many new releases for the past few years. Also, as much as I like to daydream about a huge system, I think I would be overwhelmed. I like working on a single table.)
lisa
Money and space is no issue for me but I’m done, so none. screaming goo yo

Though, if I had a big house then maybe I’d have another rack somewhere in that house and I’d choose which one I wanted to use every day. That other rack wouldn’t have any of the modules of my current rack (except for PNW). I’d start with Varigate 8+, Qu-Bit Scanned and Basimilus Iteritas Alter.
Branko
As above; a house to put all this synth crap in.
Dave Peck
A bunch of Hordijk triple-module panels. A boy can dream.
cptnal
I've got about 20-30hp worth of replaceable modules in 4x 126hp, but I can't for the life of me think what I want to replace them with. Everything appears to be just fine, thanks. seriously, i just don't get it
electricanada
I'm going stereo in 2019. I have a L-1 mixer kit waiting to be built, am ordering the WORNG LMNSR (or whatever it's called) DIY kit, and I'm waiting for the new WORNG stereo module to be released.
bhinton
Humble Audio Quad Operator (assuming it's ever released)
SSF STereo Dipole Quad Filter
VC8
Radar
Five12 Vector Sequencer+Expander
U-he CVilization
More Mangroves and Just Friends (I'll count this as two)
Zadar
HI Switch Mix + Trimmer (cheating by counting this as one)

as a bonus, replace all cases with the much more space efficient and portable Intellijels.
blipson
I would get a Poltergeist and go quad.
starthief
If I had more space, I wouldn't want a larger case than I have anyway -- and the last space in that case is reserved.

So I'd probably say things like: a Buchla Easel, a Fender Rhodes, a CS-80, etc. rather than more modules.

At least until some cool new thing comes along and makes me rethink the modules that I currently have. hihi
gonkulator
Odessa, for sure, I think; Bloom, I am pretty sure; Sinfonion, I would at least like to play with. There are others, but we are already talking overkill.
colb
Nerdseq
Morphagene
Doepfer A-152
Doepfer A-141-2
A nice compressor
ER101 & 102
WMD SSM switch matrix
A fulltone TTE
ADDAC207 Quantizer

That's today's top 10. Tomorrow would probably be different. I think the top 3 will be in the list until they're in the rack though.
fac
I don't really need more modules but I have 7 spaces left in my MU cabinet. This is what I would like to fill them with:

- Corsynth C105 VC-Noise/Lo-Fi
- Corsynth DR-01 Bass Drum
- Corsynth DR-02 Snare Drum (2 spaces)
- SSL Radio Music
- SSL FX Capacitor (2 spaces)

My synth budget (and time) has been reduced to nearly zero, so I will probably sell some stuff first. I have a lot of stuff I'm not currently using, but I'm too lazy to put it up for sale.
realtrance
Full Verbos collection/system. With all modules tested as working. smile

Then a leisurely tour through Noise Engineering's experiments.
D_Robot
lisa wrote:
Money and space is no issue for me but I’m done, so none. screaming goo yo

Though, if I had a big house then maybe I’d have another rack somewhere in that house and I’d choose which one I wanted to use every day. That other rack wouldn’t have any of the modules of my current rack (except for PNW). I’d start with Varigate 8+, Qu-Bit Scanned and Basimilus Iteritas Alter.

I've set up a small 6u case as a standalone instrument, which sits in a cupboard. It is a very different beast from my main system. When the mood suits I find a corner somewhere in my house, usually sitting on the floor where I'll noodle away for hours on it. As my mindset is different when using it so my output differs completely from my main synth.

If you have the inclination then I say go for it as you don't need a separate room just a bean bag or some scatter cushions thumbs up
motorhead412
1 Prism
2 Epoch Twinpeak MkII
3 Drezno
4 Morphagene
5 Angle Grinder
6 Tri-ger
7 Metropolis

8-10 = TBD
Lostcity
Some more time so i could actually produce something with what i have already.
Illiac
Piston Honda MKIII
Clouds 2 (hopefully)
Prism
Stereo Dipole
Maze
Buyakasoundman
1. Sinfonion can’t come soon enough.
2. Been holding off on going granular, truly hoping Mordax GXN makes an appearance in the Fall. It would be something if Clouds came out this year too.
3. I’m also looking forward to the Nerdseq expanders; the just released 16 triggers and firmware adds a very nice drum matrix. The upcoming 16 cv expander will go along way to modulating the many inputs of the Ass8...
4. Reeeaaaallly hope Rossum cleans up the Assimil8or file management system and treatit like the sampling behemoth it was truly meant to be.
5. And finally, I wouldn’t be terribly upset if Strymon showed a euro specific verb at Superbooth.
forrest
Really excited to pick up the new qu-bit chord when that's ready, clouds 2, though it sounds like that might not be this year because of all the headaches in producing 5000+ units in France with regulations and all that..

Excited to see what comes out, I like really functionally dense modules (but not too small) like the plaits/plonk and hope to see some new modules like them in the future.
Synnic
Already acquired this year:

1. Clouds (or clone)
  2. A second AI004 OTA VCF
  3. 1010music Bitbox
  4. 4ms VCA Matrix
  5. Telharmonic
  6. Mystic Circuits Tree
  7. AI003 Looping ADSR

Which makes for more wishlist room to add:

1. 1010music Laserbox
  2. LZX Industries Cyclops
  3. a frikkin’ laser beam to go with the above two modules
  4. second Intellijel Dixie II+
  5. Harvestman Piston Honda Mk III
  6. Temps Utile
  7. Delptronics LDB-2e with expander
  8. Intellijel Dubmix with expander or possibly Koma Elektronik Poltergeist — not sure yet
  9. A second uO_C
  10. 4ms Spherical Wavetable Navigator

... and finally, a Doepfer A-100P9 because I am out of space — again.
captjrab
A buncha Folktek and Non-Linear Circuts for me plus some more utillities, tho my current rig will keep my busy for a long time to come so it may be a while...plus Im broke, lol.
Fog Door
My most wanted is the Clouds replacement from MI, which I understand is on the way albeit with no current ETA. Of course it will probably be announced the minute I finally crack and buy an original Clouds second hand smile
buildafriend
I would clone / improve every design to my liking twisted
Virusinstaller
I want a heap of Instruo stuff & pretty much everything Dave Rossum makes.
knifey
Definitely the Peasel (Pittsburgh Voltage Research Lab)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2