MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Serge - SSG/VCM/VCFQ Drum Machine
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synthesis Techniques  
Author Serge - SSG/VCM/VCFQ Drum Machine
luketeaford
Here's one I like a lot -- using the SSG to create triggers for the VCFQ and modulation for the VCM and it's wide open for exploration.

Cycle the smooth side and patch to Stepped input and VCFQ trig.

Patch VCFQ output to VCM (anywhere, but I like the middle section in this particular patch).

The rates of SSG create different rhythms. The smooth or stepped outputs are excellent modulators for synchronized effects. Don't forget about all kinds of other feedback you can add with just these three modules.

Here's a recent instagram clip of the above: https://www.instagram.com/p/BwlI1qmlXZu/
wminor
Nice. I have unbuilt kits for all three of these modules (in Euro format) that have been sitting there for a while. This might just be the motivation I needed to go and build them!
okiikahuna
Love whatyoure doing there, Luke! Any chance you could post a patch diagram showing how you did this? i've been eyeing the Random Source Euroserge SSG for a while now, but this patch may have made my decision clear. Gotta have it. Plus, it'll look cool next to my Bananalogue VCS and ARC TKB. May even evoke a bit of the old Cal Arts vibe. there.maybe as close as I'll get to getting a key to the old B305 as it once was(the Old Buchla 200 studio)
luketeaford
okiikahuna wrote:
Love whatyoure doing there, Luke! Any chance you could post a patch diagram showing how you did this?

Sure, but there are TONS of possibilities here so this is just one example and it's a new patch tonight:

Here's an Instagram clip of the above patch in action: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw-2eo1lzRv/

I love the Random Source stuff -- very fun and weird. thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synthesis Techniques  
Page 1 of 1