pressed

A place to post links to your music, upload tracks and promote yourself.

Moderators: ignatius, Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

cebec
Super Deluxe Wiggler

pressed

Post by cebec » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:39 pm

I've been experimenting with rhythms generated algorithmically, chaotically and this is something I came up with tonight. With this stuff, I'm aiming to generate hypnotic, funky rhythm-centric music with an economy of elements.

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:37 pm

That's pretty cool. I'm a drummer and I couldn't help but jam along with my hands on my chest and yes, it's sore now ! :hihi:

What modules did you use for this?

Kent
Large Member

Post by Kent » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:47 pm

As always: Noice! :party: :sb:

Cat-A-Tonic
Lobsters love Muff

Post by Cat-A-Tonic » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:22 am

Really nice rhythms.
Were these 'chaotic' algorithm patterns generated by the modular or is it a computer controlling the modular?
How are you doing this?

futuresoundsystems
<3 CMOS

Post by futuresoundsystems » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:57 am

Another great noodle, cheers Cebec!
Unique designs and ideas in sound since 2005:
http://www.futuresoundsystems.co.uk

cebec
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cebec » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:03 pm

Thank you very much! This patch took a little while to set up. I can't recall the entire patch or all of the modules but I mostly used the Sequencer panel's Boolean Logic, Pulse Divider, 8x2 Sequencer, 4 Stage Sequencing Programmer (as a trigger combiner), plus the Dual VC Clock and a Divide by 'N' Comparator on another panel. The TKB was not used.

The main algorithm that generated the rhythm for each sound was created with these. I didn't use my computer to generate anything.

For chaos, I fed gates, triggers, and the 8x2 Sequencer back through the
Boolean Logic and trigger combiner (the core of the patch). I also experimented with various gates into the 8x2 Sequencer's Up/Down input.

The bass drum was synthesized by one of my favorite means -- starting with a trigger to the Variable Q VCF's Trig In. The heavy click sound is another triggered VCFQ through a Wave Multiplier. The other sound is two sync'd and balanced modulated VCOs, I think.

Return to “Your Tunes Here”