MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Shapeshifter issues?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Shapeshifter issues?
mnchrme
Hello. This will be a very starter-like question related to this module but on startup it kind of enters some sort of "crazy" mode with both LFO's on, effects (drive, delay etc.) set to various values etc etc. It wasn't doing this kind of thing before. I was modulating some things via the CV inputs and since then this issue seems to appear whenever I power it on. It is a very complex module so I think the problem will be on my end but is there anyone else who experienced this?
cptnal
Whenever Shapeshifter is behaving crazy it's generally that the mod A attenuator is turned up. Once you get into the habit of checking that the module becomes a whole lot more accessible.

BTW, should be in the Euro forum. thumbs up
SavageMessiah
It loads the most recently loaded (or is it saved?) preset on power on. Did you load a preset?
nicholasyu
mnchrme wrote:
Hello. This will be a very starter-like question related to this module but on startup it kind of enters some sort of "crazy" mode with both LFO's on, effects (drive, delay etc.) set to various values etc etc. It wasn't doing this kind of thing before. I was modulating some things via the CV inputs and since then this issue seems to appear whenever I power it on. It is a very complex module so I think the problem will be on my end but is there anyone else who experienced this?

The last preset that is loaded or saved is what state it defaults to on power up. So just load one of the basic presets and you'll be good.
insoul8
You should follow this video to setup a default preset you can load on startup. And watch his six other videos on the Shapeshifter. They were very informative when I got mine.

https://youtu.be/jlnj4HwHMlk
mnchrme
Thank you all! Yeah it usually was a basic patch on power on but after messing with it I probably saved/loaded a preset which kept appearing on every power on for last three weeks. These crazy modulations were probably a part of the individual presets but I cannot tell. The thing is it was behaving really crazy across the whole preset bank with lfo's and such. I just tried to power on again after a night of patching and it defaulted to basic patch on its own. Or maybe I loaded a basic patch by accident and that resolved it. I guess the love is mutual and Shapeshifter finally answered my calls! We came to a mutual agreement. Anyway I will check the video! smile

Here simple chord patch - love this thing. Expecially the FM.
sleepmute
That's a great patch!
mnchrme
Aja wrote:
That's a great patch!

Thank you! In Czech we say "děkuji mnohokrát". :-)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1