MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Stands I'm working on for the Make Noise Powered Skiff
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Author Stands I'm working on for the Make Noise Powered Skiff
chuckleone
cackland wrote:
chuckleone wrote:
These take about 4 hours per pair to print. If there’s enough demand for it I would offer various colors.

Wow.. didn't realize it was that long of a process.

It's approximately 2 hours per stand at the current quality level and infill amount. I could shave off a bit of time by playing with the settings a bit but I'm pretty happy with the results so I hesitate to mess with it too much.
cackland
Of course, not saying to reduce the quality or anything to reduce to amount of print time.

Just didn't realize that 3D printing took that long. I'm sure it also depends on the settings you mentioned and perhaps the type of printer. I wouldn't know, only speculating here as never owned one.

The technology is fascinating though.
DDJ
I'd grab a set of the the less steep option!
Abyssinianloop
I'm also eager to pick up a set of the less steep option in black.

These will be great!
chuckleone
Update:

After several days of testing I've decided that the steeper angled set(I'm calling these the Studio set) need some design tweaking. They seem to pitch forward a bit and I feel that they could cause the skiff to tip forward during use. I will make some changes, print another prototype and test again.

The lowered angled set(I'm calling these the Live set) are proving to work very well. I performed a 4 hour live session on Friday using these and they are very stable. They worked really well placed on a folding table allowing room in front of the skiff for a Novation Circuit, Korg Monologue and a small 6 ch mixer, while also allowing for cabling to be run underneath the skiff.

Here's a picture of the setup I used that night:

I feel confident moving forward with making the Live set available to anyone who wants them.

DDJ wrote:
I'd grab a set of the the less steep option!

Abyssinianloop wrote:
I'm also eager to pick up a set of the less steep option in black.

These will be great!

Please PM me and I would be happy to get the process going.

The price for the set(2) will be $25 USD payable via paypal. Price includes shipping to anywhere in the continental United States.

For anyone outside the continental US, including international sales, the price may be a bit higher to accommodate for additional shipping costs. I can get you a quote for cost before we proceed with the transaction.

Anyone interested in the Live set please PM me, those looking to grab the Studio set please be patient and I will have a revised design available soon.

Thanks everyone!
Abyssinianloop
My set just arrived and I took a few pics to show how they work in my setup. I always patch and play sitting in front of my system and I prefer my rack upright so I can stare directly at it. My main rack is an Elite Modular 104 HP in a guitar stand. I also have a MN skiff sitting flat in front of the main rack, which I like except for the fact that it forces me to hunch forward to see what I'm patching.

Chuck's stand allows me to stitch my two cases together seamlessly into a perfectly cohesive system at just the right angle. I know he's designed these as the performance set for use while standing but they're a perfect solution for a seated situation as well.

As far as quality goes, they are a perfect fit for the MN skiff, absolutely stable, and extremely lightweight. I suspect they are rather durable as well. Just exactly what I'd hoped they would be.

chuckleone
Abyssinianloop wrote:
My set just arrived and I took a few pics to show how they work in my setup. I always patch and play sitting in front of my system and I prefer my rack upright so I can stare directly at it. My main rack is an Elite Modular 104 HP in a guitar stand. I also have a MN skiff sitting flat in front of the main rack, which I like except for the fact that it forces me to hunch forward to see what I'm patching.

Chuck's stand allows me to stitch my two cases together seamlessly into a perfectly cohesive system at just the right angle. I know he's designed these as the performance set for use while standing but they're a perfect solution for a seated situation as well.

As far as quality goes, they are a perfect fit for the MN skiff, absolutely stable, and extremely lightweight. I suspect they are rather durable as well. Just exactly what I'd hoped they would be.

I'm so happy that these worked out well for you! Your setup looks great!

Thank you the update and posting pics!
hallospceboy
Those look great! I was trying to get my friend to print some up for me and he never got around to it...
Very soon I'll be investing in a two panel Serge. Any thoughts on 4U?
chuckleone
hallospceboy wrote:
Those look great! I was trying to get my friend to print some up for me and he never got around to it...
Very soon I'll be investing in a two panel Serge. Any thoughts on 4U?

I'm definitely interested in expanding the selection to other cases and sizes in the future.
hallospceboy
i will follow up once i get my system... bookmarked the thread!
chuckleone
hallospceboy wrote:
i will follow up once i get my system... bookmarked the thread!

Awesome, have fun! Keep us posted!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Page 2 of 2