MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Moog Matriarch Announced
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next [all]
Author Moog Matriarch Announced
nectarios
nangu wrote:
What’s up with the panel art?

Mismatched Euro isn’t something that should be glorified, let alone faked with aggressively contrasting paint. Grayscale exists for a very good reason..

The most cynical part of me says that there will be a sweet-looking ‘all black’ version with a couple extra CV points for $800 more in a couple of years. It’ll be a limited-edition thing so everybody has to scramble for it, and all the people who bought this version will feel like they’ve been kicked square in the package.

I am disappointed that ‘cynical me’ is so frequently correct..

Looks like there will be an all black option. Its right there at the far right of the product page.

I also don't like the colours, but they would not stop me from buying one if I actually wanted one.
ModusOp
I think it sounds delicious! And is that an analog delay built in? Sounds like it! w00t
nangu
I’m not seeing any ivory towers anywhere near me.

I questioned an obviously questionable aesthetic/marketing decision. I think it’s screaming-out-loud tacky. And I have no particular college affiliation.

I was very happy to hear that there will be an all-black option. Presumably for people who don’t wear their t-shirts on top of their sweatshirts and their boxers on top of their pants.
strettara
Kent wrote:
Looks like the Lines forum finally got a promotional video catered precisely to the houseplant and cat set. hihi

we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy
Jason Brock
nangu wrote:
Mismatched Euro isn’t something that should be glorified, let alone faked with aggressively contrasting paint. Grayscale exists for a very good reason..

Same old conversation from the Grandmother thread. To each their own.

I love the look and I think the design choice is a reference to retro styling, not Eurorack. Mismatched Euro bothers me too, but that involves different knobs, uneven layout spacing...different everything. With the Moog all the elements are cohesive, the only difference is color in certain sections.

ModusOp wrote:
And is that an analog delay built in? Sounds like it! w00t

The description at Guitar Center says "stereo analog delay", and here's a picture of that section:
PIC
Pretty cool feature to include, given the price of their pedal delays. Appears to have separate CV control for Left/Right delay channels. This is fun!
aroom
Kent wrote:
Looks like the Lines forum finally got a promotional video catered precisely to the houseplant and cat set. hihi

I’m sure they’ll still find something to complain about though.

Do we need more adversity in this world?

The synth looks great !
ModusOp
Jason Brock wrote:
ModusOp wrote:
And is that an analog delay built in? Sounds like it! w00t

The description at Guitar Center says "stereo analog delay", and here's a picture of that section:
PIC
Pretty cool feature to include, given the price of their pedal delays. Appears to have separate CV control for Left/Right delay channels. This is fun!

Wow! Totally cool addition!

If I didn't just get a couple of Euro cases to fill, I might have considered throwing down some coinage for this! (Would be tough to decide between the standard and all black version though.)
corpusjonsey
Kent wrote:

This is mean. Please keep comments like this to yourself.
meistersmudge
Looks and sounds really nice. Not something I see myself purchasing, especially at $2k, but I bet people will be excited and make some really great stuff with it.
Kent
starthief wrote:
Kent wrote:

Nah, they will just continue to be puzzled by the weird delusions people have about Lines.

I'm sure that either a fitting narrative will be constructed or a narrative will be group-thought to fit.
Do tell of our collective delusions that you've discovered.

aroom wrote:

Do we need more adversity in this world?

What's wrong with a little adversity? It keeps things from becoming moribund. What in my playful commentary about the self-professed (by some) houseplant crowd has caused you alarm?

corpusjonsey wrote:

I challenge you on your definition of "mean". I don't think that I'll limit my expressions in jest based upon the advice of someone that doesn't come across as being fun at a comedy show.

FFS, Worriers; there are people ON LINES that call themselves the houseplant crowd. What some people will waste time fretting about...
Funch
corpusjonsey wrote:
Kent wrote:

might be a reaction to a lines member saying muffwigglers were not welcome there.

Human behavior gets complicated. I would say the thing about your comment, keep it to yourself, however then I would also fall into that category of maybe I should have kept this comment to myself.

Fwiw, Don't like the new moog color schemes.
thevegasnerve
JohnLRice wrote:
Sounds quite good. Thankfully not something I need or want at the moment though. Mr. Green

tell me about it... I picked up a used Sub 37 on Muffs, I will roll with that.. This is fun! It's peanut butter jelly time! cool
cycad73
Kent wrote:
FFS, Worriers; there are people ON LINES that call themselves the houseplant crowd. What some people will waste time fretting about...

What is your evidence of this?
SynthBaron
craigie77 wrote:
Maybe a Moog PATRIARCH sequencer on the way, with extra control

Wow dude, that's so offensive.
mome rath
lordy that sounds good

anybody know who that is playing the second song?

edit: guess I skipped the first part where they introduce all the players by name razz
nectarios
What's "Lines forum" ?
*edit* nevermind, found it.
Kent
cycad73 wrote:

What is your evidence of this?

Searching for "houseplant" or "house plant" on Lines would be the DIY route.

However:

nangu
Am I ok if my houseplants are potentially hybrids?

And tasty? And maybe weapons? Bhut Jolokia x Trinidad Scorpion Peppers.
SynthBaron
Maybe they wanted to name it "Wendy", but were afraid of being sued.

I mean, the vinyl album and magazine in the background might be obvious clues to that...
mome rath
nangu wrote:
Am I ok if my houseplants are potentially hybrids?

And tasty? And maybe weapons? Bhut Jolokia x Trinidad Scorpion Peppers.

send me some seeds love
nangu
They’ll pry my peppers from my cold dead hands.

I do have lots of seeds available. We should have had this conversation a couple months ago, but yeah. I probably have enough seeds to go around. It’s just getting really late to be planting.
nangu
If anybody wants some terrifyingly hot pepper seeds, send me a PM.

Bhut Jolokia is scary hot. Trinidad Scorpions are at least 10x hotter.

I had both growing in the same giant pot last year, so it’s quite possible that they naturally hybridized. I saved seeds from both, and kept them separated.
sduck
Hmmm, saw this video last night and was immediately intriqued. It's definitely got a great sound, and some cool tech behind the patch points and making that all work polyphonically (or paraphonically or whatever). I'm not totally thrilled by the look, but could work around that. The price seems a bit high - I guess there's a bit of moog name tax built in - it seems to me you can get similarly featured 8 voice synths for about the same price point, although using the term "similarly featured" opens up all kinds of questions.

I was at the moog factory 2 weeks ago, and got to spend some quality time with a One, and now really seriously want one. But will need to sell off a few other synths to afford it. The thought crossed my mid - would this thing be a jones fix for the One? Probably not, but it's a thought.
jcn7
While this looks to be another winner from Moog, I'm perfectly content in keeping my Granny along with a couple of my smaller Eurorack systems that expand Granny's pallet of sounds immensely.

Also, to be honest, I'm much more intrigued with the Arturia Micro Freak and plan on purchasing one of those once it's available.

Just my 2 cents, but hey great job Moog music, and I hope you sell a lot of these. thumbs up
starthief
Kent wrote:
Do tell of our collective delusions that you've discovered.

No need, you've posted plenty of them already, and it would be off-topic in this thread smile

Anyway... to me the synth sounds okay, just like their last several synths based on "the vintage circuitry of classic Moog synthesizer modules" sounded okay... and just like Behringer's clones or NI Monark sounded okay.

I'd like to see bolder designs emerge from those minds, and I don't just mean bright colors. More like like the Subharmonicon, Theremini, etc.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next [all]
Page 2 of 14