MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Easel program card hacking questions
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Easel program card hacking questions
Ginko
Hey everyone - so it looks like the universe might align for me in the near future and I will have an Easel, my dream synth! As I am a hacker by trade I am very interested in the program card slot - I have two questions:

1) I have some of Roman's program cards as I have been building a Rev2 208r for years - and will probably never finish it... Are these compatible with the BEMI/BUSA Easels (sorry I bet this has been asked before but I can't find the answer).

2) Does anyone have a pin in/pin out diagram or map of some kind? I can see that there is a power bus and various sections are labelled, it's not too hard to trace but I figure if someone has already done it...

Looks like people have been doing some really cool things from creating new modulation matrix possibilities to the awesome VCS3 expanders

I work a lot with MCUs in my day jobs, so I would quite like to explore the possibilities of making a PCB that will fit into the program card slot which would have a SAMD21G on it, a chip I have been fiddling with a lot lately. This is the chip a bunch of the newer Arduino's use and is cheap, fairly accessible and very capable - even a simple ATTINY85 could be fun for exploring exotic trigger generations, 4-bit voltage sequences and the likes. I just have very early ideas right now and no hardware just yet w00t
edwinm
Found these here a while ago, might be useful?

edwinm
Plus this from Dave Brown
Ginko
Lots of information here, perfect thanks!
tobb
I think there are some errors,the individual sequencer outputs are gates not pulses if i am right.
Ginko
tobb wrote:
I think there are some errors,the individual sequencer outputs are gates not pulses if i am right.

Thanks Tobb, noted. Is there anything else that stands out to you?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1