MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Changing speed without changing pitch
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Changing speed without changing pitch
Velazquez
Please, help me to find modules which can change speed without changing pitch. I know that Nebulae can do it. Is it possible on Morphagene also?

I'm really looking for something small that has this ability. Any suggestions?
Fog Door
Morphagene can't do this
ersatzplanet
Velazquez wrote:
Please, help me to find modules which can change speed without changing pitch. I know that Nebulae can do it. Is it possible on Morphagene also?

I'm really looking for something small that has this ability. Any suggestions?

Both the Nebulae V1 and the Nebulae V2 can do this. They can also do the opposite - change the pitch without changing the tempo. Here is a Video where I use the stereo Nebulae v2 with a drum loop on one channel and a "beep" track driving an analogue sequencer (a Division6 Dual Mini) on the other channel. I change the speed of the drum loop without changing the pitch, and the slaved sequencer also changes tempo.

ggillon
Fog Door wrote:
Morphagene can't do this

Morphagene totally can. Check "morphagene time stretch" patches

From the manual:

Time Stretch

With an External Clock source patched the CLK IN, setting the Morph panel control to 11:00 changes the Morph Activity Windowto Blue in order to indicate Time Stretch. In this mode, the External Clock source synchronizes the currently-selected Splice witheach Clock or Gate.

It's a bit crude but totally works.
brandonlogic
starthief
ER-301 can do it (and a billion other things).
cg_funk
I was just commenting in another thread about the upcoming Panharmonium. It has very low latency for doing exactly this, I don't know of any other euro module that can do it right now for a live input.

There are however plenty of modules that can play back recorded samples at different rates and change pitch independently.. which is easier to do.
starthief
cg_funk wrote:
I was just commenting in another thread about the upcoming Panharmonium. It has very low latency for doing exactly this, I don't know of any other euro module that can do it right now for a live input.

hmmm.....

Panharmonium analyzes audio and tunes oscillators. It can repitch but it can't change time (except to freeze or slew the control info it analyzes).
cg_funk
starthief wrote:
cg_funk wrote:

hmmm.....

Panharmonium analyzes audio and tunes oscillators. It can repitch but it can't change time (except to freeze or slew the control info it analyzes).

Oh, yikes, my bad. Yes it can change pitch, without changing speed! In my mind it was somehow the same thing as what OP wanted.... Of course, you can easily play back your sample at different rates with any sample player, repitching the audio is the tricky part.
de_raaf
I guess should be doable for live, isn this kind like what some modern record players with some digital stuff in it, so pitch stays relative to the normal speed, but than again that's clock based I think on how that works
Fog Door
Quote:
Morphagene totally can. Check "morphagene time stretch" patches

I stand corrected. My apologies to the OP for the misinformation.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1