MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ES8 Standalone direct monitoring option request
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author ES8 Standalone direct monitoring option request
bmoussay
Hello Wigglers, hello Sleepers,

I eventually received my ES-8 recently and I'm so happy with it. Works like a charm, bravo!!

I have a simple request about the standalone mode:
Would it be possible to setup a direct monitoring option (from the mac audio/midi setup screen) to send inputs any input to any output directly (like 8 faders below each input to set send levels or a small 4x8 matrix RME-like), and that the ES-8 "remembers" this setting while in standalone mode? (like the "direct monitoring" function of most audio cards)

It would allow to:
- mult a signal from one in to x outs
- mix several signals
- make flexible audio routing (sends, auxes, etc...)
- send for example 4 sources to ES8 4ins for computer recording, listen to those sources with for example ES8 out 1-2 (patched to modular stereo out/headphones). This is already possible via software monitoring of course, but with the option requested above, it would still work without computer (no need of repatching, using mults or stackcables), and without latency.
- etc...

Best,

Benjamin
os
Thanks for the suggestion.
bmoussay
Thanks for your reply os.
Do you think it's doable?
Is there any update plans for the ES-8?
Best,

B.
gerlado
bmoussay wrote:
Hello Wigglers, hello Sleepers,

I eventually received my ES-8 recently and I'm so happy with it. Works like a charm, bravo!!

I have a simple request about the standalone mode:
Would it be possible to setup a direct monitoring option (from the mac audio/midi setup screen) to send inputs any input to any output directly (like 8 faders below each input to set send levels or a small 4x8 matrix RME-like), and that the ES-8 "remembers" this setting while in standalone mode? (like the "direct monitoring" function of most audio cards)

It would allow to:
- mult a signal from one in to x outs
- mix several signals
- make flexible audio routing (sends, auxes, etc...)
- send for example 4 sources to ES8 4ins for computer recording, listen to those sources with for example ES8 out 1-2 (patched to modular stereo out/headphones). This is already possible via software monitoring of course, but with the option requested above, it would still work without computer (no need of repatching, using mults or stackcables), and without latency.
- etc...

Best,

Benjamin

Would be great!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1