MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

intellijel rainmaker / 4ms SMR / resonator: questions+advice
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author intellijel rainmaker / 4ms SMR / resonator: questions+advice
prae
hi all, i'm looking at getting either a rainmaker or a 4ms SMR to achieve the effect detailed a bit later. but i'll skip straight to the question that will answer it:

does the rainmaker allow you to tune taps to notes, or just frequencies?

failing that:

can you save a setting of a tap to be recalled "instantly" (allowing me to spend a bit of time to tune the filters to the frequencies i'd like and thus achieve what i want.

what do i want?[/img]

well, i use this fx chain in ableton a lot:

to me, this screams RAINMAKER. and it would certainly take care of the delay side of things. the resonator part, i'm not so sure. i tune the resonator to my track, scale, idea, whatever - and as detailed above, i don't think the rainmaker can do it, or let me do it easily or quickly enough, at least.

however, it seems like the 4MS SMR can, and while it lacks a solid interface like i'm after, if it allows you to input custom scales / tunings then i think i could make it work. need to look a little more in to this. the filter delay would be sorely missed but i can live without it and use other parts of my euro and pedals to make it work.

thoughts on this, those two modules, other suggestions, what you had for breakfast etc would be most welcome.
cackland
Haven't had breakfast yet....

Although I don't have the rainmaker, your above quest does indeed scream for rain. I'd go that.
starthief
prae wrote:

The tap filters are tuned to frequencies, the granular pitch shifting is relative in semitones / cents.

If I understand what you're asking for, you can save similar settings with retuned filters to multiple presets, and then assign the trigger and a mod input to preset selection. I haven't tried it myself to see if the change is instantaneous or has any glitches.
prae
starthief wrote:
prae wrote:

The tap filters are tuned to frequencies, the granular pitch shifting is relative in semitones / cents.

If I understand what you're asking for, you can save similar settings with retuned filters to multiple presets, and then assign the trigger and a mod input to preset selection. I haven't tried it myself to see if the change is instantaneous or has any glitches.

thank you for this info. gonna go to london modular soon and try one out i hope...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1