MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New Buchla Music Easel Unboxing
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author New Buchla Music Easel Unboxing
Meandr.mustache
Pretty excited, received the Easel a couple of days ago...
New to Buchla systems, any tips, advises are more than welcome

warnton
well, best adress would be:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgcsaajaNk9dAQ6Y-4EQd0358EvVzss Ej

and this
https://www.macprovideo.com/course/buchla-102-the-easel-explored

Todd Barton is the master!!
Rex Coil 7
Meandr.mustache wrote:
Pretty excited, received the Easel a couple of days ago...
New to Buchla systems, any tips, advises are more than welcome

What does this cost?

hmmm.....
Knarzwaltz
The 218e really looks very diffrent. Can you please take a moore horizontal pic of it?
Meandr.mustache
Knarzwaltz wrote:
The 218e really looks very diffrent. Can you please take a moore horizontal pic of it?

Apparently there were some changes for the 2019 ‘new’ Easel Systems... but I’m not sure what these were.

Anyone with knowledge on these changes mind sharing what they are?
Thanks!
tobb
Nice,thanks for the pictures and have fun with your new instrument!
mutierend
Rex Coil 7 wrote:
What does this cost?

hmmm.....

$5000
Rex Coil 7
mutierend wrote:
Rex Coil 7 wrote:
What does this cost?

hmmm.....

$5000
Yea ... I discovered that the other day. Price of admission is out of my league. That's why I'm just lurking, asking questions, and making a research project out of this range of synthesizers. I'm only able to fake it with Euro and MU modules with the inclusion of wave folders, ring modulators, cross folders, FM-Aid modules and using the modulation modules I have on hand along with those folded/high upper harmonic content sounds. It's just one of those facts of life I just have to deal with.

cool cool seriously, i just don't get it
misa
The best advice I ever received was directly from R. Murray Schafer (scholar and author of "The Soundscape. Our Sonic Environment and the Tuning of the World" - a book that I can't recommend enough):

"LISTEN!"
ritchiedrums
WELCOME!! Guinness ftw!
Knarzwaltz
Thanks for the pics. :-)
Meandr.mustache
misa wrote:
The best advice I ever received was directly from R. Murray Schafer (scholar and author of "The Soundscape. Our Sonic Environment and the Tuning of the World" - a book that I can't recommend enough):

"LISTEN!"

Thank you all for the kind and gentle welcoming!
I look forward to becoming a ‘Buchla’ist’!

Kind Regards,

Victor
Ginko
The late Charles Cohen was the original Easel Master:

The fundamental Buchla 'West Coast' concept is to start with a simple waveform and then apply modulations to get all kinds of rich timbres. The low-pass gates are also something that set Buchla designs apart from other electronic instruments - they use an optical element (opto-coupler or 'vactrol') similar to classic compressors that can be used to attenuate or filter the signal What makes them different is the optical element is slow, which produces interesting dynamics which can sound quite organic.[/video]

Buchla did not want to use electronics to emulate existing musical instruments, but thought that through the use of electronics new sonic territory should be uncovered.

So go ahead and explore, there is no wrong way to do it! Thanks for the pics!
Meandr.mustache
Ginko wrote:
The late Charles Cohen was the original Easel Master:

The fundamental Buchla 'West Coast' concept is to start with a simple waveform and then apply modulations to get all kinds of rich timbres. The low-pass gates are also something that set Buchla designs apart from other electronic instruments - they use an optical element (opto-coupler or 'vactrol') similar to classic compressors that can be used to attenuate or filter the signal What makes them different is the optical element is slow, which produces interesting dynamics which can sound quite organic.[/video]

Buchla did not want to use electronics to emulate existing musical instruments, but thought that through the use of electronics new sonic territory should be uncovered.

So go ahead and explore, there is no wrong way to do it! Thanks for the pics!

I appreciate your words!
Thank you very much for sharing the video!
Hiwatt Bob
Congrats!! Post some clips/vids when you get something.

From what I can tell, the 218 is different in that it doesn’t have frets and the lettering looks embossed/raised and not printed on. Also there appears to be a raised surface for the keypad overall (look near the edge).
mousegarden
Have you ever played a Bemi Easel in comparison? I'm interested in any sonic differences, if there are any?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1