||(200e VIDEO) Scan Ratchet and Wind-up Tuned Sequences
| br>Scan, Ratchet and Wind-up Tuned Sequences on Buchla 200e
Was having some fun combining multiple tuned CV sources using the Studio H “Control and Signal Router” - I was enjoying the patch, and thought I’d share here.
There is a lot going on here, so I will give a “very general overview” of what was involved for this patch.
(CV Source #1) - 1x ch of the 251e for a long 16 note sequence
- The 251e seq is set to “dir” mode, this allows CV stage selection
- I used a 281e transient that was set to be single shot triggered from a second “looping” 281e ch… then I attenuated this CV through a 254e which was sent to the 251e for the sequence note selection
- I used the right hand joystick pad of the 223e (also attenuated through the 254e) for real-time control of the scale and range of what notes that the 251e sent to the 258e VCO’s
(CV Source #2) - I also had the 223e tuned to a Major scale
- Main 258e VCOS were FM’d from a second 258e VCO module.
- the amount of FM to the 258e was real-time controlled by the left hand joystick pad of the 223e, which was patched into a 292e ch that opened and closed the the audio from the second 258e FM source.
SO the interplay of setting from the 2x 281e channels REALLY can alter the sequences… leading to some great organic and off-kilter patterns. Anyway hope this gives you some patch ideas to play with.
| br>Very cool Adam! Sounds like you could get a lot of performance mileage out of that patch !!!
Also nice to see the studioH 210 out. This is definitely next on my list (followed by the 258e). br> br>
| br>Wow!! You’re on a roll! What a cool diverse and expressive patch. br> br>
| br>Thanks @vgermuse & @tmeade
|tmeade wrote: |
|Very cool Adam! Sounds like you could get a lot of performance mileage out of that patch !!!
Also nice to see the studioH 210 out. This is definitely next on my list (followed by the 258e).
I was a bit apprehensive about choosing a 251e over a 250e for my 200e system this time around . . . BUT... I am falling in love fast with the 251e! The key for me is the higher quality CV resolution, 4x independent seq's and the CV stage addressing (which means it can function as terrific quantizer)... all in a compact single space. . . . and this patch is exactly what I was hoping for.
The Studio H "Control and Signal Router" (as well as the 258e!!) just kills!! For me, this power combo really makes the 200e series come alive... I mean you get great analog Buchla-style modules AND you get the "e" factor - so cool.
Thank you for listening and for the feedback.
Cheers, Adam br> br>
Scramstad is back in da house.
... br> br>
Always happy to see more patches utilizing a 251e -- definitely a module I could stand to get more comfortable with
Thanks for the detailed patch info too br> br>