MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

thoughts on this second case
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 [all]
Author thoughts on this second case
lisa
mmpingo wrote:
lisa wrote:
Slightly limited but Stages fills in as an audio oscillator pretty well.

What are its limitations frim your POV?

Poorly phrased by me, I meant that my current setup is a bit limited (only one filter and no VCAs make it a bit hard to create distinct notes that doesn’t just drone on, for instance). That said it’s also true that Stages is a bit limited as a (or six) audio oscillator(s). Only one output, no FM-input, nothing extra.
Multi Grooves
Joe. wrote:
I'd love some MAZE but the price is just ridiculous, particularly as you'd need 2-3 for most patch switchups.

How were you planning on using just one?

Know what you mean. I held off for ages until a good price came up. You can balance this by adding a Ryo Paths... Not as flash and programmable but does the simple well.

.... You're gonna need another case.
sad banana Rockin' Banana! Rockin' Banana!
lisa
Ordered a Doepfer A-135-2 Quad VCA/VC Mixer to open up the possibilities of this (so far) tiny rack. Great for attenuation of CV and for getting more use out of all the Cš-L outputs, I reckon.
cptnal
Matrices! w00t

My latest additions have been a pair of A138ms. What an eye-opener. SlayerBadger!

Edit: NOT the A135-1 d'oh! Never mind.

(BTW, check out matrix mixers. Mr. Green )
lisa
I’ve made some alterations to the plan. Dumped Maze Link 2 and Contour 1, added 321, Event Boss, Beast’s Chalkboard and Freez.

lisa
Alright, adding a quad VCA was a great move (as if anyone but me ever doubts that razz). I'm getting more use out of my Cš-L but also out of Stages as an oscillator. It's also great to have some extra attenuators. I'm really pleased with how this is turning out.

My yield using this thing differs greatly from what I do with my other rack. Which is great! However, I still pair it with my drum machines which means that I'm still making the same types of hip-hop-ish beats.

So, I'm thinking that I should get a couple of complex drum modules. Iteritas Alter and/or some SFF Entity, perhaps. Then I can ditch the comforting familiarity of x0x programming and classic (808) and go for some more experimental stuff.
Fog Door
How is the Chimera? Is that not helping you break away from your 808 safety net? I ask because its on my list of modules to get, for similar reasons, although I do already have a DFAM. Entity and Iteritas Alter both look really, really cool though.
lisa
Fog Door wrote:
How is the Chimera? Is that not helping you break away from your 808 safety net? I ask because its on my list of modules to get, for similar reasons, although I do already have a DFAM. Entity and Iteritas Alter both look really, really cool though.

Chimera is good but one drum voice does not a beat make. smile I mainly use Chimera as garnish for my drum machine beats thus far.
lisa
Following the revised plan plan for the rack but a bit rushed due to a deal on some of the modules I just got 321, Marbles, PNW, BIA and Entity Percussion.

Not very happy about what it immediately did to my interaction with the case (which went from assertive and confident to slightly perplexed and blear) but it'll sort itself out. I'm not getting any more modules for a while though.

What I am happy about is that my fears regarding BIA hasn't turned out to be true. I've heard so many demos of it sounding harsh and cold in a way that I don't like so I thought that I perhaps wouldn't enjoy it. But I do! The key thus far has been to not try to use it for several different sounds in any one patch.
lisa
A lot has happened to the rack. I’m no longer on the planned path. The influx of Metasonix modules is an especially interesting development.

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 [all]
Page 3 of 3