MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Recommend me a stereo mixer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Recommend me a stereo mixer
lordymosh
Hi,

This is my current rack. Pams and Dual Drive on the way.

Looking to get a stereo mixer to utilise the dual effects and dual drive modules.

I'm leaning towards an Erica Synths black stereo mixer or Bastl ABC. Although if I could combine a stereo mixer and output module in one, that would be ideal as I could get rid of the pico output.

batch
The new Befaco STMix looks perfect. 5 channels in 6hp.

Have only seen it as DIY at think.
Heliophile
Look into the Tesseract Modular TexMix system. You could get the 4 stereo channels module plus the master section and get 2 fx sends with stereo returns for your effect modules.
The manual states that the stereo mixer has a bit of cross-talk, but it hasn't bothered me yet.
obviousless
Maybe the endorphin.es cockpit would work? It has some interesting features.
mookmoof
I've been looking at the happy nerding panmix. cv over pan or volume; 2 of the 6 channels jumper-selectable for trs stereo ins, 16hp so you might have to lose the pico
johny_gtr
I have the latest make of EricaSynth Stereo Mixer. Good 4 channel stereo mixer in minimum HP. Solid and non flimsy controls which is important for performance setup
dbeats
It looks like you only have 12 hp left in your rig. A small and high quality solution would be Intellijel Mixup. It provides two mono (Belgrad, Bassline) and two stereo (Dual FX) ins for 6HP and can be extended with another one, if necessary. But is has no fx send/return circuit - you would have to mult your dry signals instead.
JES
Don’t forget the Ladik. 12hp and a bargain. But, Make sure the knobs aren’t too close together for your taste. I have a Happy Nerding VCA and prefer that layout (the pan mix jr is the same faceplate).
hotstepper
The Befaco STmix is really great even though it doesnt have line outs. Personally I use the STmix as my final output into my interface and its great. 5 inputs in 6hp really cant be beat. Also, its not true that you can only find it as a DIY kit I got mine fully assembled out of the box.
resynthesize
http://doudoroff.com/mixers/
JollyB
The new Summingfacility from Ago may work for you.

Check its thread for specs and stuff: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=216620
erenod
Befaco seems like best bet with some vca before it ?
Parnelli
I use 2 Mixups (not chained) to mix 4 stereo signals along with 4 mono signals, they work really great for that. All my effects are in line before the signal goes to the I/O modules. I send three stereo mixes to the Behringer board for future multitrackng purposes.

I do have a Rosie as one of the I/O modules, so I can do an FX send/return if I want to. I've probably spent enough on small modules to get a mid-priced stereo Euro mixer, but what I've cobbled together works very fine for my purposes thus far, and I think it's more flexible then most all in one mixers.
cg_funk
I'm just on the verge of going stereo myself, and I'm holding out on a mixer for just a little bit longer since the Soundstage from Worng is coming out really soon. I keep thinking this will be the ultimate solution for stereo mixing, a very elegant concept. No idea how it sounds, but it looks badass.

I am dying to see demos of this thing. I can see the bottom of it teasing in Divkid's rack in the last video...
cackland
Curious to see demos of this as well.
brandonlogic
I just picked up panmix last week, awesome addition and a module that’s guaranteed to be used every patch.

inverseroom
It's too large for your rack, I think, but I love the Roland 531. It's got both 1/8 and 1/4-inch outputs, and a handy preamp with a 1/4 input. Also, faders!
Foghorn
JES wrote:
Don’t forget the Ladik. 12hp and a bargain. But, Make sure the knobs aren’t too close together for your taste. I have a Happy Nerding VCA and prefer that layout (the pan mix jr is the same faceplate).

I agree.
I have a Ladik M-173 in one case and a M-171 with a M-178 expander in the big 420 HP case.

Ladik M-173
Ladik M-171
Ladik M-178

However I also use an external mixing board. (A&H zed24)

Foghorn
lordymosh
cg_funk wrote:
I'm just on the verge of going stereo myself, and I'm holding out on a mixer for just a little bit longer since the Soundstage from Worng is coming out really soon. I keep thinking this will be the ultimate solution for stereo mixing, a very elegant concept. No idea how it sounds, but it looks badass.

I am dying to see demos of this thing. I can see the bottom of it teasing in Divkid's rack in the last video...

Damn that looks ridiculous. Gonna keep tabs on that.

inverseroom wrote:
It's too large for your rack, I think, but I love the Roland 531. It's got both 1/8 and 1/4-inch outputs, and a handy preamp with a 1/4 input. Also, faders!

That would be perfect as I could get rid of the pic output, which I find a bit noisy. Also, I like me some faders and mute buttons.

I think I'm four hp short though. Dead Banana
gringostar
Why get 1 module when you can get 2?

I use a combo of the V3kt and MST Stereo Out. 5 channels in, cv control over 4 of them for a stereo field and 1 as a center channel, then attenuation over the stereo image. I also take the center out as it's own channel into my interface that I can process by itself.

Oh, and the stereo image makes it's own CV in this setup which is nice I guess.
Halfgeleider
Check out new slimline from doepfer, have some mixers in small hp. On the other hand STmix from befaco is also a good one, did it DIY cant beat the price.
Stashy
I don’t know about a mixer but that Piston Honda could use a Zadar by its side.
Neither
How about Verbos Pan&Scan? 14HP wide Stereo Mixer with four VCA's + CV on each individual PAN-levels (for crazy stereo FX). The distortion sound of Pan&Scan is awesome but by lowering gain it sounds completely transparent with lots of headroom.
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/verbos-electronics-scan-pan
Hazza26
I was just about to pull the trigger on a Praga+HRAD, but seems there are some other options I need to check out. Which of this lot have cv over aux sends?
mdoudoroff
Hazza26 wrote:
I was just about to pull the trigger on a Praga+HRAD, but seems there are some other options I need to check out. Which of this lot have cv over aux sends?

Pretty much everything on the market is listed here:

http://doudoroff.com/mixers/

There’s a column that indicates the ones that have sends at all. From there you can easily dig in and sort out the different approaches. (The short answer is that very few have any CV control over sends. Off the top of my head: Praga, WMD PM, Qubit Mixology, Dubmix, Frap CGM, ADDAC)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2