MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Medician Stars - a four song EP about the moons of Jupiter
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here  
Author Medician Stars - a four song EP about the moons of Jupiter
hermbot
Hello friends, I’m happy to share a four-song EP I just released entitled “Medician Stars”. It was inspired by the four Galilean moons of Jupiter: Io, Ganymede, Europa, and Callisto. Like my other album, it’s a concept set of pieces performed with a small amount of tools.

All of the songs were recorded in one take with no overdubs. I used the same Eurorack system that I did for the full length album Moonbase Alpha. Reverbs come from Valhalla and the great Floodverb in Reaktor by boscomac.

Once again I used noise intentionally on each track: volcanic rumblings, underground seas, and thin windswept atmospheres.

I like Bandcamp because it includes liner notes, and there you can read more about the moons and tracks below:

https://hermbot.bandcamp.com/album/medician-stars

It will also be up shortly on Spotify, iTunes, Google Play, etc. Those take longer to process.

I’m open to any feedback or criticism you may have. Thanks for checking it out.

bin7me
Wow, awesome!

It is fascinating what such a relatively small system (at least by muff wiggler standards hihi) is capable of, especially with single takes without overdubs. Your music is a reminder for me that maybe more modules are not necessarily the answer..

I really like your clever use of noise to give the tracks some background texture, in Moonbase Alpha it made the station feel alive, here it provides some depth to the moons.

Again, well done! thumbs up
hermbot
Wow, thanks for the kind words and taking the time to listen. smile That really means a lot.

It's up on Spotify now, too:
https://open.spotify.com/album/75IgBXkVMsePHvfsHlShgs

iTunes is up as well, the other stores are coming online in the next few days.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here  
Page 1 of 1