MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Eurorack power ribbon connector
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Eurorack power ribbon connector
jerdavies@gmail.com
Hello. I've made some strip board modules I'm ready to mount to Eurorack plates and add to my case. Currently I just solder the +12/-12v and ground to the strip board using three wires to the corresponding pins on one of the bus connectors. Which is a bit shoddy but works.

What the preferred way? Some form of female connector or three pin connector I can mount? I have seen pics that seem to work but I can't find a description of what the parts are.

Cheers
Jez
JohnLRice
The most common way to connect +-12v power to eurorack modules is to use a 10 pin Male IDC Header on the module:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07M71QDGG/

A 16 pin header is alternatively used if the module needs a +5v rail and/or needs CV and/or gate connections between modules behind the panels, which isn't very common.

Then connect it to the power distribution with a ribbon cable that has a 10 (or 16) pin female connector on one end and a female 16 pin connector on the other end. You can buy the cables ready-made from many places or buy the connectors and a length of ribbon cable and make them yourself etc.

Here's how the header should be wired on the module:
jerdavies@gmail.com
That's brilliant. Thanks for that John smile
Agawell
if you want a reasonable number of cables I would look at making them yourself

they are really easy to make (check youtube for idc cables) and the components can be quite cheap

I got a crimping tool for 8€, but you can use a vice or even a hammer!
mskala
Agawell wrote:
they are really easy to make (check youtube for idc cables) and the components can be quite cheap

Not YouTube, but my cable-making video is here: https://video.northcoastsynthesis.com/?t=cables-20190224
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1