MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

DOD Rubberneck Brand New for $ 99.95 at Pro Audio Star
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author DOD Rubberneck Brand New for $ 99.95 at Pro Audio Star
MindMachine
Still listed for $ 249.00 at most retailers. Some had it at $ 149.00

http://www.proaudiostar.com/dod-rubberneck-analog-delay-with-tap-tempo .html
Jason Brock
The price went back up again. They do this occasionally, so anyone interested should keep an eye out.

DigiTech/DOD was bought out by some other company last year, gutted, and then they discontinued all their products. But once in a while they seem to put out a new batch of some pedals...I guess just the ones that sell well enough.
kinkycables
PAS service sucks. And then tend to ship via FedEx, who also suck.

Make sure you buy with some method of protection - PP, a CC where you can do a chargeback, etc - for if/when you're order gets lost in shipment.
MindMachine
^ Thanks for the heads-up. I have never bought from them before.

I was always curious about the Rubberneck. When I saw them for $149 recently it piqued my interest again. When I saw it for $99 I ordered quickly. I have too many delays now for sure. I hope someone wants my Obscura.
thetwlo
MindMachine wrote:
^ Thanks for the heads-up. I have never bought from them before.

I was always curious about the Rubberneck. When I saw them for $149 recently it piqued my interest again. When I saw it for $99 I ordered quickly. I have too many delays now for sure. I hope someone wants my Obscura.

yeah, they kinda suck! but the Rubberneck is awesome!!!!!
last time they had it for $99 I emailed them--since the price went up, when I clicked their email. and they told me to call to get it at that price. Never did, as I have one, kinda tempted to get another at that price. Perhaps the best ANALOG delay out there, currently. Those BBD chips in it are $15 each at synthcube, and there's 4!
thetwlo
Jason Brock wrote:

DigiTech/DOD was bought out by some other company last year, gutted, and then they discontinued all their products.

Samsung purchased Harman.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harman_International_Industries
AKG - microphone/headphones
AMX - video switching and control devices
Arcam - high end home audio - amplifiers and audio components
Becker - car infotainment
BSS Audio - signal processing
Crown International - pro amplifiers
dbx - signal processors
DigiTech - guitar products
HardWire - guitar pedals
HiQnet - control network for digital audio, based on Ethernet
harman/kardon - home/car audio
Infinity - home/car speakers
JBL - home/car speakers & amplifiers, professional speakers
Lexicon - digital processing
Mark Levinson Audio Systems - home/car audio
Martin Professional - stage and architectural lighting and effects fixtures
Revel - home/car speakers
Selenium - home, car and professional speakers, amplifiers, sound tables/mixers
S1nn GmbH & Co.
Soundcraft - mixing consoles
Studer - mixing consoles
HALOsonic - Noise Management Solutions
GuyaGuy
They're blowing out the FreqOut and Carcosa fuzz now as well as others
thetwlo
GuyaGuy wrote:
They're blowing out the FreqOut and Carcosa fuzz now as well as others

thanks! the FreqOut is a unique one!
chiasticon
fwiw, I've purchased a handful of things from ProAudioStar. their website kinda makes them seem like BS/scam, but I've had nothing but great experiences with them. very quick to ship things out and everything is exactly as described. in some cases, "B-stock" stuff was in fact brand new. and I've seen this experience echoed from other customers. had to contact them once via email and it was fast/pleasant. anyway, no worries there. thumbs up

back on topic: the Rubberneck is awesome! I also got if from PAS when it was $99 a couple months back. and I seem to use it for at least one sound in every track I work on! highly recommended. I might pick up another, in fact...
MindMachine
Patched into my Euro now via Malekko SND/RTN. STO variable wave into a mixer and STO gated sub into a Doepfer A-104 Trautonium filter into mixer - mixer into WMD/SSF Amplitude. All controlled by a few LFO's making a sequence. Then using a Hungry Robot Cv Keys to transpose the sequence.

Playing a Richter VCO/Tiptop Forbidden Planet VCF/Tip Top VCA/Doepfer A-140-2 Dual VC ADSR bassline under it via Arrick keyboard. Occasionally hitting the Rubberneck button with the left hand.

Very cool.
AKaudio
It's worth checking if the other major retailers will price match when they do these deals too, i've had some luck with that in the past.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1