MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

DSP Quattro ( audio editor) .........Questions
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author DSP Quattro ( audio editor) .........Questions
Funky40
I´m VERY interested in this one.
I run the demo right now. ( no time limits, but NO savings ! )

my questions:
when i´d normalize a sample, is there a way to "simply" just overwrite the original ?
seems DSP quattro would allways generate another copy of the same sample when saving........as i understand the manual ?
(and: can it do a batch processing to normalize a bunch of samples, incl. gain setting ? )

midi control over FX/Knobs etc.:
is there a way that i can map the knobs of FX to midi controllers ?
can´t find any info
CF3
Funky40 wrote:

my questions:
when i´d normalize a sample, is there a way to "simply" just overwrite the original ?
seems DSP quattro would allways generate another copy of the same sample when saving........as i understand the manual ?
(and: can it do a batch processing to normalize a bunch of samples, incl. gain setting ? )

First off, which version are you on? Ver. 4 or Ver. 5? There's some rather big differences in the workflow. I've used DSP Quattro for years. I upgraded to v5 when it came out and quickly downgraded back to v4.4. So, the answers I'm about to give apply to v4.4.

To overwrite a normalized sample simply save it. In the course of a typical session I might edit a few hundred samples. I generally don't batch process stuff (with some exceptions). I open up the sample or samples (double clicking it, as I have DSP Quattro set as my default editor), hit cmd+G to normalize, hit cmd+S to save then cmd+W to close and move on the next one. Takes seconds.

Yes, you can normalize samples in the batch processor (v 4.4). You can even set the level you want to normalize to. The patch processor is really nice in DSP Quattro (or at least it used to be).

The big difference from 4 > 5 is the way you are forced to create a "project" when opening DSP Quattro. Slows down the work time incredibly. It makes it so you can't just double click a sample, do your thing quickly, and move on to the next one. waah
Funky40
I´m on Highsierra and demo the V5.
since i can´t save anything in the demo i cant test, but i don´t think that i misunderstood the Manual wink

which would mean that v4 differs here from v5 ( the save sample dialog)

yes, the workflow you describe is how i´m used to work ( well, i did in the old wavelab 4.0 )
since i´m on wavelab 9.0 (elements) i struggle with wavelab.
Can´t bring it back to old speed (i´m back to PC and audio since 2 years, working my way up wink )

ok, guess i contact the support and see if the dsp quattro v4 would work on high sierra, but i "guess" it won´t .........?
Midi mapping of controllers to FX/knobs seems NOT to be part of the functionality
Much Thanks CF3 for chimming in !
jimfowler
Skip V5. Get the latest version of V4.
mckenic
High Sierra 10.13.4 here and rocking 4.4.

Good to know the 5 update is a 'downgrade' thanks for the info. I was curious but not enough to spend the cash when 4.4 has worked so well for so long for me.
CF3
mckenic wrote:
High Sierra 10.13.4 here and rocking 4.4.

Good to know the 5 update is a 'downgrade' thanks for the info. I was curious but not enough to spend the cash when 4.4 has worked so well for so long for me.

You can actually have both at the same time (I do). He’s pretty cool about it.

The only thing I wish v4.4 had that v5 has is the ability to remember the “sizing” of the edit window when opened (instead of having to resize the window every time I open a file). Otherwise, I’m totally good with v4.4.
Funky40
mckenic wrote:
High Sierra 10.13.4 here and rocking 4.4. .

CF3 wrote:

You can actually have both at the same time (I do).

Great !

Thanks for the feedback !
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 1