MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Skiff case power problem?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Skiff case power problem?
Dennis
Hi,

i recently got a 104 Skiff case from Eowave, powering up the first time was no stress it ran for about an hour. A Powercycle later and my Batumi wouldn't start up again. The Yellow -12 V LED won't light up too anymore. What happened?

Modulargrid said power consumption is 1112A +12V, 553A -12, 90A +5V

https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_724385.jpg

thanks in advance

PS: a Meanwell 4A power supply is used with the Source d' Energie
Rex Coil 7
Dennis wrote:
... What happened?
Something broke. seriously, i just don't get it

Kidding aside, you've not really provided enough information to troubleshoot the problem via an internet posting. "My car won't start and the check engine light is on" ..... see what I mean?

cool
Dennis
hm i see.... but i don't want to power it up with modules anymore i am afraid of frying one....

i unplugged every module and powered it on again empty.
the red and green LED light on but the yellow stays off.....

seriously, i just don't get it

sent an Email to eowave, maybe they can tell me what's wrong with the source Energie
ersatzplanet
Dennis wrote:
Hi,

i recently got a 104 Skiff case from Eowave, powering up the first time was no stress it ran for about an hour. A Powercycle later and my Batumi wouldn't start up again. The Yellow -12 V LED won't light up too anymore. What happened?

Modulargrid said power consumption is 1112A +12V, 553A -12, 90A +5V

https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_724385.jpg

thanks in advance

PS: a Meanwell 4A power supply is used with the Source d' Energie

Those power consumption numbers are in Milliamps not Amps. That would be 1.112A, 0.553A and 90mA respectively. Well under most power supply specs even with a 20% overhead. I suspect a wiring or mis-plugged cable is the problem. Do the "install one module at a time" approach to find the culprit. If you don't, then you plugged something in wrong the first time.
Dennis
http://www.eowave.com/source-denergie/

LED's on the panel indicate the health of each rail at a glance

without any modules plugged in the yellow -12 V LED won't light up....

i am too scared to use it anymore will have to wait for Eowave to respond
Pelsea
One thing to check- unplug the busses from the power module. If the light goes on the problem is one of the busses. If not, you have a case of infant death syndrome-- most hardware failures occur in the first 100 hours of operation.You are correct not to use it until you hear from Eowave. I have my suspicions about what part failed, but they will probably send you a new power board.

(Actually there is one more thing to try-- hold the skiff upside down and give it a good shaking. It is possible for a stray bit of metal to get among the header pins and short the power to ground.)
Dennis
Hey there,

i just cleaned the whole case carefully, all power headers with pressure air the case itself, cables etc.
i plugged Batumi into a DIY case bought from eBay (wich i used for 2 years now) and it works. Batumi also works in my Tiptop audio mantis.
but it won't turn on in the eowave case. i tried doepfer intellijel modules in the eowave all seem to work flawless but not batumi eek!

i will wait for eowave to reply, then inform you guys
thanks again
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1