MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Dnipro Metamorph
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Dnipro Metamorph
mdoudoroff
Just took a flyer on one of these. Will report back when it arrives.

On paper, it’s a highly affordable, intriguing alternative to Pressure Points+Brains (same HP as PP alone) for those more interested in the voltage memory and sequencing than in touch plates.

For me, the killer detail is the built-in slew limiters. Dedicated per-stage gate outputs and the trigger output make it pretty complete. CV addressing a nice touch that I’ve missed having with Brains. Would’ve been nice if there was a way to set the voltage ranges other than through jumpers round back.

https://www.dnipro-modular.net/metamorph

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/dnipro-modular-metamorph

Quote:

Metamorph is a versatile 4 stage x 3 channel cv source with built in sequencer and glide. Inspired by a Serge Tcherepnin concept, Metamorph is designed to control several parameters at once and creates a complex cv source for eurorack system. The main application of it is to make complex patch morphings or "preset sequencing". This transitions can fast and sharp or slow and round, thanks to build in per channel glide control. Each channel is represented by a column of pots, while each column is divided into 4 individual stages by rows, with corresponding button and gate out. It is possible to change stages manually by pressing stage buttons or to sequence them by external sources, like clock, lfo, envelopes etc. Metamorph has a special user sequence feature, which allow to program play oder and duration of the stages, create unique sequence with individual timing per stage and memorize it.

Operating Metamorph is quick and immediate in a good analog fashion, with single control per function. Two modules can be linked together to create a 8-step sequencer with dual CV outs per channel. Additionally, every channel has a deep glide control for performing fast or really slow voltage slides between stages. And, of course, there are ordinary sequencer cv inputs, like reset, hold and revers direction.

Features

3 channels x 4 step sequencer

glide per channel with wide range

two modules can be chained to create 8 stages and double outputs

selectable voltage ranges, uni or bipolar

individual gate outs per stage

cv in input for selecting stages with cv

skiff friendly

solid responsive buttons for manual stage selection

Technical details

20 hp

50 mA +12V

20A -12V

0 mA 5V

28 mm deep

output ranges: 0V to 5V, 0V to 10V, -2.5V to 2.5V, -5V to 5V
BaloErets
Wow! Watched the video and immediately went to purchase one. Sadly, at the moment there is no option to ship to Canada. I send an email to them hoping that there is a way to get it shipped here.

Thanks so much for that post!
Groundloop
BaloErets wrote:
Wow! Watched the video and immediately went to purchase one. Sadly, at the moment there is no option to ship to Canada. I send an email to them hoping that there is a way to get it shipped here.

Thanks so much for that post!

This does look interesting, and had it been available at the time I might have opted for it rather than PP + Brains.

For what it's worth, they're listed on Reverb. I was able to add it to my cart without alarms sounding, so there don't seem to be any region restrictions:

https://reverb.com/item/23085268-dnipro-modular-metamorph?publish_conf irmation=true
cptnal
Very nice! Reasonably priced too. Being addressable is a big score over PP for me.
mdoudoroff
Sorted out that the maker is in the Ukraine. It will be interesting to see how quickly a package gets from Kiev to NYC.
hinterlands303
Wow this looks really nice. Apparently you can link two of them as well for a 3x8 sequencer. It wouldn't replace PP and Brains for me since I use the touchplates for pressure and manual playing of the steps pretty regularly but I could see this really working for someone who just wanted to sequence and not play.
vdgno
Hello there, glad your are interested about Metamorph. Rockin' Banana!
Quote:
Sadly, at the moment there is no option to ship to Canada. I send an email to them hoping that there is a way to get it shipped here.

It ships to Canada now.
Quote:
Sorted out that the maker is in the Ukraine. It will be interesting to see how quickly a package gets from Kiev to NYC.

Usually about a week.
Halfgeleider
Very cool module, thinking of getting 2 of these...
MATSmile
Ви хлопцi/дiвчата з Днiпра чи що?
vdgno
MATSmile wrote:
Ви хлопцi/дiвчата з Днiпра чи що?

kiev) misto na dnipri
BaloErets
vdgno wrote:
Hello there, glad your are interested about Metamorph. Rockin' Banana!
Quote:
Sadly, at the moment there is no option to ship to Canada. I send an email to them hoping that there is a way to get it shipped here.

It ships to Canada now.
Quote:

Usually about a week.

Thanks for taking care of that so quickly! Very much appreciated!
cptnal
Just ordered myself one of these chappies. hyper

Dropped just at the right time for me since I was considering swapping out my PP/Brains. As hinterlands303 suggested, the touch plates are wasted real estate if you don't use them, and this guy has some nifty features that make better use of that space. (And with a 4hp saving!)

Will report back with my findings...
forrest
This thing looks awesome, I definitely want to pick one up.. I like the possibility of 12 steps using a seq switch and the sequencing sounds pretty cool..

Question: the user guide says the record mode patterns can be "really long" .. I guess there is no real limit to that? Also, does it record gates or is it recording triggers? That is, will it record long presses? I see it can do rests which is nice..
mdoudoroff
forrest wrote:

Question: the user guide says the record mode patterns can be "really long" .. I guess there is no real limit to that? Also, does it record gates or is it recording triggers? That is, will it record long presses? I see it can do rests which is nice..

It appears to me the user pattern mode simply records your presses of the stage buttons, and then during playback, each clock trigger advances through that sequence.
forrest
Well it says in the documentation : "which allow to program play oder and duration of the stages"

Which btw, couple spelling errors in the manual, no big deal wink

If it does record gates that would add a lot of playability..
vdgno
Quote:
Question: the user guide says the record mode patterns can be "really long" .. I guess there is no real limit to that?

There is a limit, 500 button presses per sequence.
Quote:
Also, does it record gates or is it recording triggers? That is, will it record long presses? I see it can do rests which is nice..

It doesn't record gates. The trigger output fires only when a stage is changing. When you pressed f.e. a stage button 4 times during programming user sequence - metamorph will playback that stage 4 clock pulses long and supply one trigger.[/quote]
cptnal
Hey there, early adopters (or manufacturers, if you're listening). In lieu of actually getting the thing in front of me (soon!), I'd be interested if anyone can provide an insight as to how slow the slew can get. hmmm.....

TIA
vdgno
Quote:
I'd be interested if anyone can provide an insight as to how slow the slew can get.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/qRphKMgtuvI
cptnal
vdgno wrote:
Quote:
I'd be interested if anyone can provide an insight as to how slow the slew can get.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/qRphKMgtuvI

thumbs up

Thank you.
cg_funk
Nice, the adjustable glide per step is one of the features of the Tetrapad that I really love and use. I think they implemented it on the panel is like the best possible way too.

I like the interface design of this! They basically turned PP+Brains on its side to make it less wide and gave it really nice looking buttons instead of those flunky contact pads. CV control over the stage is pretty sweet too.
mdoudoroff

Mine has arrived in perfect condition. Took seven days to reach us port of entry, two days to get delivered to me in Manhattan. I’ve plugged it in and run a bunch of basic tests and everything is as expected. Build quality seems nice.

Will try to put together a sample clip tomorrow.
atrostor
Looks great. Looking forward to your opinions. I am also curious about the mesh surface underneath the module in that picture eek!
mdoudoroff
atrostor wrote:
Looks great. Looking forward to your opinions. I am also curious about the mesh surface underneath the module in that picture eek!

I have the Metamorph going in a patch, today. It’s not a great patch, but I’m making extensive use of the Metamorph, including the slews. It just works. Knobs and buttons all feel good. Kinda wish it was 4-5 channels instead of 3.

I’m actually using one of the channels to control an ADDAC306, which gives me five more animated CVs to alter my patch with. The other 2 outs go to my Performance Mixer to alter the mix—my main application for the Metamorph is defining distinct “song sections”.

I’m running one of the gate outputs to a logic module. (If you’re wondering, the gate outputs seem to produce 4.3v.)

I’ve left all three channels at the default 0-6v setting, and I expect that won’t change for my purposes.

Haven’t used SEQ feature yet, except to verify it works. It does. Very straightforward.

Great value, this module.

cptnal
Nice work! thumbs up

That's kinda the context I imagine using it in. You could even contrive entire structures by addressing it with a sequencer... eek!

According to the tracking mine left Ukraine on Friday. hyper
cptnal
cptnal wrote:
Nice work! thumbs up

That's kinda the context I imagine using it in. You could even contrive entire structures by addressing it with a sequencer... eek!

According to the tracking mine left Ukraine on Friday. hyper

Got it today. Actually arrived yesterday when I was at work, so six days door to door. Not bad!

First impressions - I can see this being my go-to automated variety machine. The module itself, the gate outs that can be tripping sequential switches or whatever... The trigger out in addition to the per-stage gates is a nice touch, especially in CV-address mode (where it doesn't just act as a clock-through).

TL;DR - Happy customer. w00t

And those knobs aren't going anywhere by accident. Wish I had one on Shapeshifter's coarse tune. Dead Banana
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1