MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Plastic VHS case to elevate your desktop gear
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Plastic VHS case to elevate your desktop gear
Johnisfaster
You'd think the fact that the Machinedrum hangs over the edge of the VHS case would make it wobbly but it does not. What it does is it raises the Machinedrum up just enough so all those cables coming in and out of the Digitone pass under the Machinedrum and around the side. Works great and enables me to get all my desktop gear nice and snug with each other.

tweakfilter
Cool!! What is the tape?
tweakfilter
SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!
Johnisfaster
tweakfilter wrote:
Cool!! What is the tape?

A Bernstein Bears cartoon my grandma recorded for me when I was a kid. Theres another one under the istudio that is Possible Possum.
franktropez
Are you sure the front of the md is not exerting pressure on the jacks on the back of the dt and that's why it's not wobbly?

I'm always incredibly paranoid about stuff like that even when using a bridge or a garage it doesn't feel safe if the sides are too close to a power plug or other connector, afraid that I might accidentally knock something out of place.
Johnisfaster
franktropez wrote:
Are you sure the front of the md is not exerting pressure on the jacks on the back of the dt and that's why it's not wobbly?

I'm always incredibly paranoid about stuff like that even when using a bridge or a garage it doesn't feel safe if the sides are too close to a power plug or other connector, afraid that I might accidentally knock something out of place.

Good looking out but I made sure it didn’t touch. I think the reason it doesn’t wobble is because the Md weights enough to keep it fairly firmly in place. If I press hard on one of the ends I can make it tilt a little but it takes more force than I would ever apply while using it.
chvad
ive got two vhs tapes leveling out a desk extension i have setup for my tempest. been a good setup for years! lol glad im not the only one using vhs still!
bmot
You peasants! Betamax tapes are so much better at this type of thing screaming goo yo
calaveras
Slumber Party Massacre II would probably give a more refined tone with better inner detail. While the Berenstain Bears would be more mid forward and woody, with better microdynamics.
Johnisfaster
calaveras wrote:
Slumber Party Massacre II would probably give a more refined tone with better inner detail. While the Berenstain Bears would be more mid forward and woody, with better microdynamics.

The Bears are really warm.
Mind Flayer
Fun fact: Slumber Party Massacre II starred Crystal Bernard, who you may recognize from the 90s sitcom "Wings."
franktropez
Johnisfaster wrote:
franktropez wrote:

Good looking out but I made sure it didn’t touch. I think the reason it doesn’t wobble is because the Md weights enough to keep it fairly firmly in place. If I press hard on one of the ends I can make it tilt a little but it takes more force than I would ever apply while using it.

Ah, makes sense. Time to get my md some cassettes, wonder what it's into...
rurs
I've used audio cassettes in the past for similar reasons, but recently discovered yoga blocks:

Nice and grippy, plus different heights and sizes make the desktop jigsaw puzzle easier to solve.
3hands
I use cassette tapes to balance the height of my happy ending rack with my Tip-top skiff. I even do it live!
Johnisfaster
rurs wrote:
I've used audio cassettes in the past for similar reasons, but recently discovered yoga blocks:

Nice and grippy, plus different heights and sizes make the desktop jigsaw puzzle easier to solve.

Firm enough?
rurs
Plenty firm, the stand at the back with the Peak on top is backing onto a wall, and the lower ones are rocksolid.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1