MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

dropping prices of Moog Grandmother
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author dropping prices of Moog Grandmother
onthebandwagon
I’ve observed in the last month that mint or B stock Grandmothers have been being offered and quickly purchased around the $750 mark and just saw one newly listed at $700 (mint)—any speculation as to the slight devaluation as of recently?
Parnelli
Perhaps because they just came out with this:

https://www.moogmusic.com/products/matriarch

Just guessing...
onthebandwagon
Parnelli wrote:
Perhaps because they just came out with this:

https://www.moogmusic.com/products/matriarch

Just guessing...

That makes sense.
Mr. Aloud
Isn´t the Matriarch limited to 250 units? Or is that just a special intro edition and more units will be produced later?
booger
The Moogfest version is limited to 250 units.

I have a Matriarch on the way. Would definitely consider a a Grandmother, too if I like it enough.
rowsbywoof
Mr. Aloud wrote:
Isn´t the Matriarch limited to 250 units? Or is that just a special intro edition and more units will be produced later?

Kind of shitty that Moog isn't really stepping in and squashing these rumors, to be honest. I get it, they want to hype the new Matriarch, but the limited 250 are just the Moogfest edition. There will be plenty, plenty more after the first 250 run out, though it looks like they may not be available until the fall/holidays (probably so they can fulfill all the orders of the first 250 limited editions first).

So, no, there will not be only 250 Matriarchs.

smile
Jason Brock
onthebandwagon wrote:
I’ve observed in the last month...

It's not a recent trend if you shop at certain online stores.
ProAudioStar does this often. I bought my Grandmother from them last November for $719 brand new. It was listed as B-Stock, but came brand new, never opened.
calaveras
ProAudioStar and Adorama are great for deals like that.
I picked up my Fuji XT3 for several hundred off when it had only been out for a month! Wasn't a signle thing missing from the box either.
EPTC
Just me, I prefer the look and vibe of Grandma.

Mama Matriarch has a bit too much happening to have the colored panel look. It's like a weird movie sequel where they add things with a few more cooks working on the script, or something.

There's a great workflow focus on Granny. Good for everyone the price is lowering.
crowleywaltz
All the Moogs were on sale with a hundred dollar discount for Moogfest last week so that might have something to do with it.
Panason
Mr. Aloud wrote:

If you're male you have to sport a beard of at least 1 inch long to buy it.
Rex Coil 7
Panason wrote:
Mr. Aloud wrote:

If you're male you have to sport a beard of at least 1 inch long to buy it.
... you're just butt hurt because you can't grow a beard, Peachfuzz.

hihi hihi hihi lol lol lol

... you realize that I'm just kidding around, right? ...

(hides) (hides) whistlin' nodnod
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1