Microvolt Patching Tips

Anything modular synth related that is not format specific.

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

Auxiliaryoctopus
Learning to Wiggle

Microvolt Patching Tips

Post by Auxiliaryoctopus » Sun May 05, 2019 4:51 pm

I have a Pittsburgh Microvolt and an 0-Coast, and I enjoy them both. I'm looking for some more advanced patching techniques on the Microvolt (potentially using the 0-Coast too).

1. Is it possible to use the function generator on the MV as a trackable oscillator? How would I patch that?

2. How can I get some West Coast style frequency mods between these two synths? Basically, I'm seeing these two as one voice. How can I turn them into a complex osc?

3. Any other patch tips you might have. I wish there were more videos on the MV like the 0Coast, but there's not much out there.

Rex Coil 7
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Microvolt Patching Tips

Post by Rex Coil 7 » Mon May 06, 2019 11:33 am

Auxiliaryoctopus wrote:I have a Pittsburgh Microvolt and an 0-Coast, and I enjoy them both. I'm looking for some more advanced patching techniques on the Microvolt (potentially using the 0-Coast too).

1. Is it possible to use the function generator on the MV as a trackable oscillator? How would I patch that?

2. How can I get some West Coast style frequency mods between these two synths? Basically, I'm seeing these two as one voice. How can I turn them into a complex osc?

3. Any other patch tips you might have. I wish there were more videos on the MV like the 0Coast, but there's not much out there.

[video][/video]
5U MODULAR NORMALIZING PROJECT (for your entertainment) viewtopic.php?t=78836&highlight=
.. given the choice between conformity and self respect, I choose the latter.
.. dominion - noun: control or the exercise of control .. power .. possessed and controlled domain .. sovereignty .. having dominion over the world .. supreme authority .. absolute ownership .. power .. authority .. jurisdiction .. control .. command .. power. (Websters).

Auxiliaryoctopus
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Auxiliaryoctopus » Mon May 06, 2019 6:36 pm

Cool, sounds great! I can see the 0-Coast is using the Slope to mod the FM. Can't quite tell what else is going on. Patch notes?

pmboos
Ultra Wiggler

Post by pmboos » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:10 am

This has inspired me to do some experimentation...
---
“What actions can be taken to create a joyful, inspiring, and productive work environment?"

Shebil
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Shebil » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:48 pm

Following!.... I also have a Neutron...

Return to “Modular Synth General Discussion”