MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Introducing AEMIT modular
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Introducing AEMIT modular
didahdrieghe
Hey everyone!

It's been a challenging last few years, and especially the last few months have been crazy - getting ready for manufacturing is harder than it seems - but I'm very excited to finally show what we'll be bringing to Superbooth19:

System 7.5

Availability

Some AEMIT modules will be available by mid-Summer ’19, at exclusive world-wide dealerships.
Follow-up modules will be released in Autumn ’19.
The System 7.5 skiff with built-in 1.5U Utility Strips and superior power management is expected to be released by year’s end.

More info about availability and pricing TBA at Superbooth so can't say much more about that before SB. All other questions are of course welcomed.

Come wiggle and have a chat at booth W410!

Sights and sounds

Here's a snippet of some sounds, with more coming later today on our
Vimeo and Instagram pages.

EDIT: seems we can't directly embed vimeo anymore?
Here's the link to the video
Fabong
I have never seen a 1.5U module. At least it's not a third variant of 1U.
Plumbstone
Wow. Looks like you’ve been busy! Good luck with Superbooth.

Looking forward to seeing and hearing it all in action.
Plumbstone
Wow. Looks like you’ve been busy! Good luck with Superbooth.

Looking forwards to seeing and hearing it all in action.
x2mirko
I've always been interested in your modules (from what I could see on modulargrid and facebook). Excited to see them finding their way to dealers soon!
didahdrieghe
Fabong wrote:
I have never seen a 1.5U module. At least it's not a third variant of 1U.

We have 2 very good reasons for going this route: 1 is maintaining ergonomics in the space we give the utilities, the other is that this way, our complete power solution (PSU + distribution boards) is housed underneath and within the utility row. More room for the top and bottom 3U rows => shallow cases!

One more thing - I really like having the utilities right in the center of the system, so they can act as a central routing zone for your patches, which helps with cable clutter and keeping a clear view of what's happening.

Plumbstone wrote:
Wow. Looks like you’ve been busy! Good luck with Superbooth..

Looking forward to seeing and hearing it all in action.

Thanks! Very busy indeed. We've been working on this system for the last 2 years.

x2mirko wrote:
I've always been interested in your modules (from what I could see on modulargrid and facebook). Excited to see them finding their way to dealers soon!

Thank you, we initially had the thought to launch a full system in one go, which kind of backfired and caused a lot of delay (not the best idea, in hindsight - but we wanted to show a complete idea instead of just a small part of it).
In the end, we're still happy we went this route, we learned a lot on the way here.
2disbetter
Bravo sir. Wish I was going to be able to make SB this year to give these a wiggle.

Looking forward to hearing more about it!
Halfgeleider
Currently own a VCO II for over a year now, finaly soon some more stuff available nanners
Robrecht
Very cool to see the Aemit name and the knowhow behind it enter the Eurorack century. smile Congratulations on getting these modules out there, it was a pleasure to watch them materialize through Facebook over the past two years!
Heliophile
Congratulations, Didah! That must have been such hard work! I'll come and say hello at Superbooth.
BaloErets
Sounding fantastic! Really love the panel design too!
didahdrieghe
Thanks everyone! More demos incoming over the next few hours, and then it's Superbooth-time It's peanut butter jelly time!
cackland
Congrats, and best of luck. Look forward to seeing the demos smile
sleepmute
Friendly copy-editing suggestion: lose the apostrophe in "LFO's."
didahdrieghe
Aja wrote:
Friendly copy-editing suggestion: lose the apostrophe in "LFO's."

Thanks! We actually caught this one already, but the prototype panel was made pre-fix. d'oh!
nios
Quote:
Conventional looks

Say what? No no, that isn't a "conventional" aesthetic. That's an "absolutely beautiful" aesthetic. Dono-Kun Dance
sleepmute
Agreed. They're very pretty.
didahdrieghe
Thanks nois and Aja!
I'll be sure to pass that to the designer. (who is on muffs as well btw as 'gddfp')

Oh our engineer is here as well, as 'aemit'.

Meanwhile I've uploaded some more demos on the vimeo account and added a brief description of what's happening in each snippet.

Here's an overview of all the vids so far. The quad sync, drone and Two LFOs ones just got added.
euxine
Some very exciting things here! The envelope in particular - what a lovely, thoughtful featureset. Curious to hear the variphase in other settings, hard to imagine the phasiness (which is probably a sign of the module's uniqueness!) cool
Summa
Fluxus looks real interesting, I'll swing by your booth for sure!
didahdrieghe
euxine wrote:
Some very exciting things here! The envelope in particular - what a lovely, thoughtful featureset. Curious to hear the variphase in other settings, hard to imagine the phasiness (which is probably a sign of the module's uniqueness!) cool

Thanks!

Variphase can get crazy if you modulate the phase and listen to the var output + others or turn on equal spread so the bottom 3 outputs' phase becomes variable as well. And then there's detune (interval + constant) per output..

If you have a specific thing you'd like to hear/see demo'd on the variphase (or other modules) let me know! Will get to it right after SB.

Summa wrote:
Fluxus looks real interesting, I'll swing by your booth for sure!

Please do! Fluxus is one of the modules I'm most excited about when it comes to what people are going to do with it at SB.
didahdrieghe
Superbooth has been fantastic so far, to everyone going today that hasn't passed by yet: come meet us in the west wing, next to the lovely Instruo booth. (seriously amazing stuff)

I'd love to show you around our system.
D_Robot
nios wrote:
Quote:
Conventional looks

Say what? No no, that isn't a "conventional" aesthetic. That's an "absolutely beautiful" aesthetic. Dono-Kun Dance

They've captured the Buchlerge look perfectly... hihi

(...and no bad thing for it, btw.)
euxine
when will fluxus be available and/or uploaded to modular grid?
de_raaf
Looks great and seems a really nice system!! See you soon
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2