MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Dreadbox Nyx v2
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Dreadbox Nyx v2
ludotex
https://www.dreadbox-fx.com/nyx2/

It's peanut butter jelly time! Rockin' Banana! nanners
jdaddyaz
Is there no PWM? Nick at Sonic State is not going to be happy.
chvad
jdaddyaz wrote:
Is there no PWM? Nick at Sonic State is not going to be happy.

Looks like PW is on the patchbay
jdaddyaz
So it is. I was actually thinking about picking up an Erebus 3, but seeing this has a Reverb, and I'm a sucker for reverb, I'll have to wait and see what this sounds like.
slam

Sounds good to me.

(Hope the video shows. I always have trouble with video links here.)
slam
Well that was a fail.
zite909
I really hope it will be possible to send external audio through the filters smile
jakobprogsch
zite909 wrote:
I really hope it will be possible to send external audio through the filters smile

The Patchbay has VCF IN for both filters... so yes?

I love my V1 Nyx. This adds some nice things like the separate VCF inputs and level controls.
zite909
jakobprogsch wrote:
zite909 wrote:

The Patchbay has VCF IN for both filters... so yes?

Yes I guess so ! But im surprised that this feature is not listed in the improvement list on their website. To me it is a really important improvement.

On the other hand there a few things i do not understand on the patch bay : I understand that the IN A and IN B are summed together as the OUT of MIX line. But what is the point of the IN C and IN D that are on the NOISE line ? Do they control the S&H parameters of the noise out or something like that ?
jakobprogsch
zite909 wrote:
...But what is the point of the IN C and IN D that are on the NOISE line ? Do they control the S&H parameters of the noise out or something like that ?

I don't think there is a S&H on there? I was wondering the same thing. I assume that the additional inputs are also going into the mixer and are just in the "noise" row due to size constraints (notice the lack of a horizontal line between IN D and the noise OUT). There are certainly enough modulation sources on this thing to justify a 4:1 CV mixer. Although I would maybe have preferred one of those jacks instead feeding into the noise attenuator and the noise being normaled to that? 3:1 mixing would be sufficient most of the time and having an extra attenuator is always useful.

The other thing I just noticed is that the "hold" part of the modulators is now a slider instead of a switch. So I guess they behave like ADSRs except that D=R. But since you also have FALL CV inputs you could patch the gate there via an attenuator and gain separate control over the decay and release.
ludotex
slam wrote:
[video]https://youtu.be/P-gqZwgTlmQ[/video]

Sounds good to me.

(Hope the video shows. I always have trouble with video links here.)

Fixed it for you, you need to remove the "s" from "https"

slam
Thanks!
AutomaticGainsay
It always makes me sad whenever a synth is released and people whip out some list of functions to measure the value of the synth without ever using it. Synthesizers are a combination of function, sound, and interface that the designer has put together as an instrument.

All of that bitchiness being bitched, the Nyx v2 DOES have sample and hold. The sliders on the left side of the reverb are a sample and hold used in the reverb. The "wave" slider goes from standard sample and hold to lagged sample and hold. While you may be saying "WHAT THE HELL GOOD DOES THAT DO ALL OF US WHO NEED SAMPLE AND HOLD TO SURVIVE, MARC?", let me finish by telling you that the "mod rev" output in the patch bay is the sample and hold output of that section. You can have it straight or lagged.

Now, I expect you to buy one. grin
jakobprogsch
AutomaticGainsay wrote:
It always makes me sad whenever a synth is released and people whip out some list of functions to measure the value of the synth without ever using it. Synthesizers are a combination of function, sound, and interface that the designer has put together as an instrument.

You are reading this thread VERY differently than I do. You make it sound as if it was full of people viciously criticizing the synth. While I see excited people speculating over the exact workings from the panel in absence of a manual to study.
The reason why I said I didn't think there was a S&H was because I was tunnelvisioning on how there is an "explicit" one on the Erebus V3 patchbay and the discussion specifically was about the working of the noise section in the Nyx patchbay.
jakobprogsch
There is now a manual available on the product page: https://www.dreadbox-fx.com/nyx2/
The inputs A-D are indeed all inputs into the same mixer.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1