MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Xaoc Devices Timiszoara: Voltage Controlled DSP Effektor
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Xaoc Devices Timiszoara: Voltage Controlled DSP Effektor
mantiwhore
Xaoc Devices presents:

Timiszoara
1970 Voltage Controlled DSP Effektor

Stereophonic/dual DSP unit based on the acclaimed, 24–bit Spin FV1 engine from Spin Semiconductor.
Its open architecture allows for adding user–designed effect or function algorithms and organizing them in virtual “cartridges” on the flash card, library style.
Virtually hundreds of algorithm sets can be available for immediate use.

• Up to three parameters per algorithm can be voltage controlled
• Additional, low–noise, voltage controlled analog dry/wet crossfader
• Micro SD card slot
• OLED screen for better visual reference
• Voltage controlled algorithm selection
• Expander is planned, adding CPU clock control and two feedback loops with tone processors.

10 hp, approx. 260 EUR MSRP, available later this year.

Please come visit us at Superbooth 2019, table E220, to play the prototype.

ModularGrid: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/xaoc-devices-timiszoara

Migrigsynth
Wow!! zombie
MATSmile
Does it come with the set of algorithms developed by the XAOC team? With the FV-1 it's all about the quality of code. Also, why not have variable clock control on the main unit and CV algorithm switching on the expander(it's not really useful anyway)? I'm wondering if one can copy verbs written by Sean from ZDSP card onto Micro SD and use them with this tiny fella.
oudplayer
Looks quite interesting, I have 14hp to fill and was contemplating something in the delay/effects arena.

For this, is the SD card just used to store algorithms then? Not sure if you're using it more like the Disting instead (e.g. with pre-recorded audio and such). Do you so happen to know how many HP the expander will be when it comes out?
mantiwhore
oudplayer wrote:
Looks quite interesting, I have 14hp to fill and was contemplating something in the delay/effects arena.

For this, is the SD card just used to store algorithms then? Not sure if you're using it more like the Disting instead (e.g. with pre-recorded audio and such). Do you so happen to know how many HP the expander will be when it comes out?

The SD card is used to store the virtual "cartridges", a FV-1 typical sets od eight algos each. You can store lots of them, either all-different or organized in repeated manner for sequenced selection.

The expander will be 6 hp, most likely.
mdoudoroff
MATSmile wrote:
With the FV-1 it's all about the quality of code. … I'm wondering if one can copy verbs written by Sean from ZDSP card onto Micro SD and use them with this tiny fella.

My understanding is that the ZDSP cards are carefully copy protected.

I would sure like to have the Valhalla verbs in 10HP, though. How could Sean sell them on an SD card without them just getting pirated all over the place?
mantiwhore
mdoudoroff wrote:
MATSmile wrote:
With the FV-1 it's all about the quality of code. … I'm wondering if one can copy verbs written by Sean from ZDSP card onto Micro SD and use them with this tiny fella.

My understanding is that the ZDSP cards are carefully copy protected.

I would sure like to have the Valhalla verbs in 10HP, though. How could Sean sell them on an SD card without them just getting pirated all over the place?

We are certainly going to ship the modules with Xaoc own algos but we're happy to cooperate with any tallented FV-1 algorithm designer out there. Can you hear me, Black Wizards?
NoLegs
Looks fantastic This is fun!
cackland
Glad to hear others can contribute... smile Interested to see and hear the demos.
Muse FTW
XAOC is killing it. eek!
Pighood
eek!
wminor
Dead Banana
burnn_out!
Ok I'm in on this. Essentially a Z-DSP in a smaller footnote with the ability to load multiple cards to an sd card and select between them. Nice. Impressive
duck1887
Not to be flip, but may I ask what's so 1970 about this thing?

Also, as others have noted, eek!
reppiks
Will this (and the others) be available in black?
Virusinstaller
O wow! the ability to add new effects is killer.
OMG OMG OMG OMG.
resynthesize
man, i'd kill for this except for ZDSPs ace in the hole that is halls of valhalla. still looks fantastic and the small footprint is a big win over the ZDSP.
rr23
possible to use only one effect with the inputs linked as stereo?
Futuresound
Muse FTW wrote:
XAOC is killing it. eek!

I think you mean xilling it

nanners
southberry
Wow very interested by this module. I need another CV FX (reverb !!!!! ).
Even if I love Valhalla stuff, I tried the Z-DSP and I didn't like the interface and how big it is. This could be a good option and the options to store many different effects on SD card is killer ! we're not worthy
hewed
I'm excited
Bots
applause Nice!
mdoudoroff
rr23 wrote:
possible to use only one effect with the inputs linked as stereo?

The FV-1 is stereo in/out. Xaoc hasn’t yet discussed why it chose separate input attenuators instead of one master attenuator. Perhaps some algorithms are intended for mono processing? (Attenuation is crucial because the FV-1 wasn’t designed for modular levels—it was designed for embedding in mixers and such.)

There’s a world of DIY algorithms out there for the FV-1, and this would be the first Eurorack module that would make all those easily accessible (because of the SD interface). That’s cool, but professionally designed algorithms are likely to be much better, most of the time. YMMV.
BaloErets
Wow, very impressive! All over this one!
bastian23
love sold!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2