MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Live 10 Suite beta testing cv control tools
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Live 10 Suite beta testing cv control tools
b9
I don't know if anyone has checked this out but I didn't see it mentioned anywhere on muffs.

http://www.ableton.com/en/blog/cv-tools-live-coming-soon/?fbclid=IwAR0 4_zlM6PvQjL7Tq9mmKs59lBCeLejiCTWAlBZxChP_pUMmvdp4nK1ednM
flipper16
I was just about to post the same link... thumbs up

Looks like a native version of CV Toolkit. Super excited... hyper
hamildad
CV tools was top of my wishlist for Live10, so thats great they have implemented it.

just waiting for MPEsupport and I'll be happy with my upgrading.
hinterlands303
This is making me want to pick up a ES-3 again. I just downloaded the beta to see if I can get the clock signals to work with any of my current interfaces (they aren't DC coupled but clock pulses could still work).
RecycleYourPets
hinterlands303 wrote:
This is making me want to pick up a ES-3 again. I just downloaded the beta to see if I can get the clock signals to work with any of my current interfaces (they aren't DC coupled but clock pulses could still work).

Curious to see how that goes!

I would hate to ditch my shuttle control (which i love) but moving to an es-8 with all the add ones might need to happen.
hinterlands303
I just tested it - clock pulses and triggers work fine with my focusrite Clarett 8Pre interface which makes sense because it's just audio (similar to using a sampled clock pulse but more streamlined). The only thing that didn't work well as the 24ppqnin too Pamela's Workout. Pam's didn't like that for some reason but it was fine with 8ppqn (32nd notes) and 4ppqn (16th notes). Not sure if this is the shape of the 24ppqn clock pulse or if it's something with Pam's. My Doepfer a-160-2 had no problem with any of the clocks but it's just a simple divider so that also makes sense to me.

I think I am going to pick up an ES-3 and give it a go. Since clocks and triggers are working pretty well with my interface I can use the ES-3 primarily for CV and use the other outputs of the Clarett for clocking.
sbx
@hinterlands303 pam is pretty sensitive to the trig level when on 24ppqn, try attenuating the signal (or amplifying it) - also since the 24ppqn standard requires 50% duty cycle (altho many machines can handle shorter times) it might be too long for a none DC coupled output
djthopa
Well Ableton, finally!
This is great news, will download and test for sure smile
Can it do cv to midi? I can see cc but wonder if it would do note and gate too.
hinterlands303
sbx wrote:
@hinterlands303 pam is pretty sensitive to the trig level when on 24ppqn, try attenuating the signal (or amplifying it) - also since the 24ppqn standard requires 50% duty cycle (altho many machines can handle shorter times) it might be too long for a none DC coupled output

I wrote to Ableton through the Beta testing program and they wrote back saying they were ordering Pam's so that they could test it with the different clocks. Sounds like they want to get it right.

I'm going to pick up a ES-3 next week and will test this again. In the meantime I'll try attenuation/amplification.
Funky40
whats your guys thoughts on the accuracy of the clock out doing it this way?
especially in comparison to dedicated tools like ACME.
i mean technically, should this be able to work with the same perfection as a audio trigger ?
Funky40
great video from superbooth.
the clock is working on audio level. its answered somewhere in the middle.
good rundown, nice presentation !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q767JWN7sdw

i personally think this whole CV vs. Computer will become a big gamechanger in the whole over the next couple of years
pre55ure
This looks really interesting. Been meaning to try out the Expert sleepers stuff for some time, but this might push me into doing it as I am very Ableton centric at this point in time.

In theory I should be able to grab an ES-8 and create an aggregate device (on mac) and be good to go?

Also, did anyone ever confirm if it can do CV to Midi note?
isosceles
Finally, this has been a long term wish list item!
agency
This is awesome. I played a little with ES-8 + SilentWay but it was kind of tedious to setup honestly. Having this integration be first-class will be great
sbx
pre55ure wrote:
Also, did anyone ever confirm if it can do CV to Midi note?

right now not, cv in does modulation only (altho one could map the modulation to a midi pitch device but thats not quite it)

maybe in the future tho!
modul8tr
agency wrote:
This is awesome. I played a little with ES-8 + SilentWay but it was kind of tedious to setup honestly. Having this integration be first-class will be great

Set it up last night within minutes with Es-8 / Es-3 / Apollo and all CV TOOLS worked great! Such a joy coming from many of the prior options. Outside of the Kodiak blocks and Reaktor user library stuff this will likely replace much of my Reaktor Blocks usage even. Having Live’s envelopes and lfos available on Push added some physical knobiness to the affair. Would be nice to see lfos pulsing along in the Push 2 display as well as some sort of live waveform display in the future.

Only had a weird issue once where the clock started sending some crazy randomness to Pressure Points/Brains. Just deleted the module opened it again and everything was back to normal.
droningspaghettimonster
This is great news. Beta testers, please ask the developer to add half and full wave rectifiers to the lfo. hihi
jimfowler
This should be really great. I too found Silent Way a little tedious.
Panason
Time to ask Sequentix to add audio clock sync to the Cirklon.
CF3
Panason wrote:
Time to ask Sequentix to add audio clock sync to the Cirklon.

The only "IN" on the Cirklon would be the Gate/IN on the CVIO BOB. Not sure if it's feasible? hmmm..... Although, all the architecture seems to be in place. The CV IN does actually work now (albeit on a very basic level).

If you're registered on the Sequentix forum you should definitely post it in the feature request section and get the discussion started. I know just regular CV Clock sync has been requested many times. Colin is also in the process of updating the CVIO board/pcb, so now would be the perfect time.

So glad Ableton finally did this. I too have been a Silent Way user for many years and find it tedious to use (although very comprehensive). The integration here looks really good.
hinterlands303
droningspaghettimonster wrote:
This is great news. Beta testers, please ask the developer to add half and full wave rectifiers to the lfo. hihi

I believe you can use the built in offset and depth controls to do this but yeah it would be nice to do it with a single click without dialing in.
ntp
is this feature only available for suite or will it work with standard ableton?
letitbleep
hinterlands303 wrote:
droningspaghettimonster wrote:

I believe you can use the built in offset and depth controls to do this but yeah it would be nice to do it with a single click without dialing in.

the built it offset and depth require... 2... clicks. and offer more flexibility than basic rectification. get a grip, people!
letitbleep
ntp wrote:
is this feature only available for suite or will it work with standard ableton?

will work with standard but requires max for live
jzwoopwoop
I was/am a big fan of CV Toolkit (Solent Way UI never appealed to me). But having spent a couple hours w/ the new CV Tools Pack this afternoon, it’s so superior to CV Toolkit in all aspects - both the direct experience of using it, and the fact that I no longer need to switch between apps.

I use ES-3 via ADAT of my usb soundcard, and CV Tools worked perfectly straightaway.

This is such a game changer for me workflow wise that I’m considering a Push 2 if they can incorporate support for this Pack.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2