MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Live 10 Suite beta testing cv control tools
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Author Live 10 Suite beta testing cv control tools
nrg242
10.1 is now official, so CV Tools is fully functional. having some issues getting the transport gate on the CV Clock Out to reset my Eloquencer properly though , as the Elo seems to reset in the middle of the pattern despite starting at the right point. i'm probably missing something obvious though.
pottering
nrg242 wrote:
10.1 is now official, so CV Tools is fully functional. having some issues getting the transport gate on the CV Clock Out to reset my Eloquencer properly though , as the Elo seems to reset in the middle of the pattern despite starting at the right point. i'm probably missing something obvious though.

I've made this same mistake in another forum, but CV Tools is still in beta, not part of the full 10.1 release.

Seems CV Tools is still in the same release from 3 weeks ago (CVTools_r49901_v1.0.alp)
hamildad
I updated to 10.1 last night and found out that CV tools is a separate release pack, so not actually released yet.

I think that could have been clearer in all the marketing/press that came out last week.
droningspaghettimonster
I'm experiencing the same VCO calibration that has been reported all over the beta forum. The other devices are cool though, really awesomecompared to the tedious Silent Way pluggins. Doesn't seem to be as accurate though, I need to adjust the phase of the lfo a bit to get it 100% in sync with a kick drum, but it's close enough. hihi
droningspaghettimonster
Works now on win10.... but how to compensate for the immense amount of latency? I cant use the external fx device since the cv tools have its own outputs...
droningspaghettimonster
Anyone else experiencing immense latency with the CV Instrument? Isin't this thing supposed to be sample accurate? No way for me to get similar tightness as using SW/Reaktor + HW FX device...
naos
is there a standalone, desktop alternative to ES-3 for sending modular level audio, LFOs etc from ableton? (my soundcard doesn't even have ADAT, btw)
Jbone1313
The clock divider device is awesome. I’ve been wanting something like that in software for a while.
nashsnazzy
droningspaghettimonster wrote:
Works now on win10.... but how to compensate for the immense amount of latency? I cant use the external fx device since the cv tools have its own outputs...

I'm going to need a new interface so I have enough in/outs to run effects and the modular. Suggestions welcome...
tokyojoe
Installed 10.1 last night. Using an Apollo MK II interface the clock out module works great however when I try and send CV to a MN DPO 1volt/Oct input via output 3 of the Apollo so I can calibrate the osc the audio sounds like I'm feeding a noise source to the osc. Tried different cables to no avail. Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?
rustedimac
nashsnazzy wrote:
droningspaghettimonster wrote:

I'm going to need a new interface so I have enough in/outs to run effects and the modular. Suggestions welcome...

Been using Motu 828es, and it is fantastic for such instances. Only 2 mic preamps, but 8 additional DC coupled line ins and outs and great expandability through AVB.

I run it at 96khz clock speed with a round trip latency of roughly 1.5ms. I can control my modular synths with push 2 with no tangible latency whatsoever.

I'm planning on getting a 16A which adds 16 pairs of line I/O, and all i need is an ethernet cable to make it talk to 828es! a cheaper alternative would be motu ultralite. The cheapest DC-coupled audio interface in the market I believe.
sbx
tokyojoe wrote:
Installed 10.1 last night. Using an Apollo MK II interface the clock out module works great however when I try and send CV to a MN DPO 1volt/Oct input via output 3 of the Apollo so I can calibrate the osc the audio sounds like I'm feeding a noise source to the osc. Tried different cables to no avail. Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

sounds like you might have a feedback going on, make sure that your master output is not reflected on output 3 of the apollo
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Page 2 of 2