MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Novation Summit - keyboard version of Peak
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 [all]
Author Novation Summit - keyboard version of Peak
Blairio
Sound On Sound magazine recently reviewed the Summit and were highly impressed, both by the sound, but also the user interface, The review model didn't come with a manual, but at no stage did the reviewer feel the need to chase one up.

The Summit follows in the footsteps of the Prophet 10 and the Roland JX10. Both of these included 2 instances of earlier machines, plus a whole lot more. With Prophet it was the Prophet 5, and with Roland the JX8P.

Ultimately (I hope) nobody buys a $2000 keyboard without auditioning it themselves. Yes, the demos showcase the Summit's FX, but that has been the way since Roland released the D50 - the first keyboard offer onboard FX beyond a simple delay line or spring reverb. It is a good time for onboard FX, just look at the Klark Technic and other FX onboard the Deepmind, a much cheaper keyboard than the Summit.

The Summit looks and sounds great. The SoS reviewer was also highly impressed with the build quality and keyboard action. When it reaches my local store I will definitely try one out. It is a hybrid, hence the lovely glassy digital timbres. I would like to see what its more 'analog' side is like.
dubonaire
BogartDestructo wrote:
I have a Prophet 6 desktop and I’d kinda swerved Peak when it came out, then I kept finding myself super vibing off the things folk were getting out of it (rbeny on fire again!) which forced me sit up and take notice. Then Summit hit me out of nowhere and the thought of hooking up my P6 module to one proved too strong for me.

I have a REV2 and a Peak and I find they really complement each other.

Blairio wrote:
It is a hybrid, hence the lovely glassy digital timbres. I would like to see what its more 'analog' side is like.

Not sure if you have read this:

https://novationmusic.com/peak-explained

At the output of the Peak it sounds no less analogue than any analogue synth to me, and I find the distortion circuit very useable.
BogartDestructo
Blairio wrote:
Ultimately (I hope) nobody buys a $2000 keyboard without auditioning it themselves.

Yeah I get this but i think you'd be surprised!

Obviously I haven't had a chance to play one yet myself but I have already resigned myself to pulling the trigger based on what Ive already seen/heard. Also in this instance I have an opportunity to score one with a huge discount making it nigh on impossible for me to not get on board.
dubonaire
BogartDestructo wrote:
Blairio wrote:
Ultimately (I hope) nobody buys a $2000 keyboard without auditioning it themselves.

Yeah I get this but i think you'd be surprised!

Obviously I haven't had a chance to play one yet myself but I have already resigned myself to pulling the trigger based on what Ive already seen/heard. Also in this instance I have an opportunity to score one with a huge discount making it nigh on impossible for me to not get on board.

I don't think you will be disappointed.
iSapien1956672
tehyar wrote:
I told myself that if this came in at $1999 it's gonna be really hard to pass up. Told myself the same thing about the Matriarch. They both came in at $1999. Kill me now. w00t Dead Banana (death by gas)

I hear you on that. not this shit again
onthebandwagon
Does anyone know if after the Peak was released if their was a long wait to get one after the pre-orders were filled?
dubonaire
onthebandwagon wrote:
Does anyone know if after the Peak was released if their was a long wait to get one after the pre-orders were filled?

I got mine 4 months after it was released and don't remember it being out of stock anywhere. If you do a search on Novation products it seems to me they keep stock levels high.
___tomk
Here's a video demo/preview of my Peak/Summit patchbank, released today:

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 [all]
Page 3 of 3