MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Behringer CS-80 Clone Renderings
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Behringer CS-80 Clone Renderings
insoul8
https://www.facebook.com/BEHRINGER/posts/10157326797443914
Dave Peck
Why on earth would they include the mini-slider section at the left? That was only used on the original because a modern patch memory system that stores a few hundred patches was not an option at the time.

Also, omitting the ribbon controller would be a huge negative IMO.

And it sure wouldn't hurt to add a pitch bend & mod wheel, which have become almost standard equipment on keyboard synths.

And use a power supply that doesn't include a fan.
Rex Coil 7
Dave Peck wrote:
Why on earth would they include the mini-slider section at the left? That was only used on the original because a modern patch memory system that stores a few hundred patches was not an option at the time.

And it sure wouldn't hurt to add a pitch bend & mod wheel, which have become almost standard equipment on keyboard synths.

Specs in that FB release state it will include a ribbon controller.
tioJim
CS80’s a lot more than the sum of its parts. Good chat about it in last week’s SonicTalk, by two current owners.

If they nail the mojo then great but will they? It’s a lot more complex than an SH101 or 808!
tenembre
Hmm, yet another poly without microtuning support?

Fine for most I guess, but for me, <sigh>

No space on the panel for it, but MTS dump would be acceptable. I'd probably have to say this on Gearslutz for it to even possibly matter...
Man-In-A-Suitcase
tioJim wrote:
If they nail the mojo then great but will they? It’s a lot more complex than an SH101 or 808!

They might and they might not! However Behringer have added a real CS-80 to their analog synth collection. They said it might take a while to produce (probably a year or two), so the design and control aspect may change by then, perhaps onboard effects from the DM-12 and patch storage. This DS-80 will have a Poly-AT keyboard.

The DS-80 is being made in Italy by the Italian Behringer design team.

Uli did say there is about 100 synths and modules to come! (that probably includes all the system-100M modules as part of that 100)

Their drum machines the RD-808/909 have disappeared into obscurity, same for the Pro-1 module, they have even teased a Solina String Ensemble module intended for release for the 3rd quarter of 2019.

Behringer will tease a lot of new stuff over the coming year, but can they actually deliver it!
Sir Ruff
Man-In-A-Suitcase wrote:
Their drum machines the RD-808/909 have disappeared into obscurity, same for the Pro-1 module, they have even teased a Solina String Ensemble module intended for release for the 3rd quarter of 2019.

Behringer will tease a lot of new stuff over the coming year, but can they actually deliver it!

UB-Xa as well... that thing has been in the works for several years now.
tioJim
Man-In-A-Suitcase wrote:
Uli did say there is about 100 synths and modules to come! (that probably includes all the system-100M modules as part of that 100)

Well it's taken about five years to deliver the first two! Three if you count the DeepMind as a Juno clone (which was the original intention).

Quote:
Their drum machines the RD-808/909 have disappeared into obscurity,

Litagation perhaps?

https://www.factmag.com/2019/02/06/roland-303-808-trademark-filing/
Man-In-A-Suitcase
tioJim wrote:
Well it's taken about five years to deliver the first two! Three if you count the DeepMind as a Juno clone (which was the original intention).

Yes, well most of the stuff Behringer are showcasing/advertising on GS is mostly vapourware (renders/mockups), but on GS they continue to fawn over, talk BS and worship Uli and make 1000's of posts/pages of speculation over non-existent instruments yet to supposedly come. They are a bit like baby's given a new rattle to play with.
snufkin
buy Bs synths and your funding a rip off shop full of un happy unfulfilled people, not an RnD house with stressed creative people simple as. wink

Poly AT is amazing tho I do see how it might over come some peoples distaste
Red Electric Rainbow
Dave Peck wrote:

the post says it all. they are looking for user feedback and suggestions.

Rex Coil 7
snufkin wrote:
buy Bs synths and your funding a rip off shop full of un happy unfulfilled people, not an RnD house with stressed creative people simple as. wink
... and I don't care. Behringer makes a number of highly useful pieces of gear that is affordable for multitudes of people, including myself and my wife and brother. Beyond that, I don't care.

thumbs up
scanningthemirror
I just want the 2800 clone as I don't have the skills to build a ttsh
brokensolderingiron
Trying to pump up the CS80 secondhand price to 25000usd how much for a DeepShit80 then? SMACK! not this shit again Lolhammer! Bop!
Uli seams to be are hard in for snakeoiling people, well theres lots of idiots around.
ranix
idk about this one, looks expensive for a Behringer

I'm not gonna look a gift horse in the mouth if it's $700 but I'm not holding my breath
DSC
Color me interested! If Uli is capable of mass production, then I say more power to him. I mean he could easily be knocking off iPhone crap if he only wanted to make money. Apple makes $$1 billion$$ each year, off iPhone accessories like basic cables.... ...because they can.

There are worse things to knock off!!!
Go Uli go!!!!!
UltraViolet
Dave Peck wrote:
Why on earth would they include the mini-slider section at the left?

I agree that it makes no sense other than it was part of the original CS-80. Hopefully they will use a modern patch system.

If they do it right, this will be awesome! However, right now it is just vaporware. Wonder if this announcement has anything with Yamaha talking about a CS-80 reissue.
UltraViolet
ranix wrote:
idk about this one, looks expensive for a Behringer

I'm not gonna look a gift horse in the mouth if it's $700 but I'm not holding my breath

Even a price under $3000 would be well below any alternative. Based on what Behringer can sell for $700, that seems quite possible.
calaveras
Red Electric Rainbow wrote:
Dave Peck wrote:

the post says it all. they are looking for user feedback and suggestions.

And you actually believe that marketing? They only want to make people happy
and give everyone huuuuugs.
No, they are all about acquiring companies and marketshare. Once a company like them enters a market they cause all of the others to make a race to the bottom for the cheapest possible product.
The razor thin margins on such products take their toll in mom and pop music shops and online stores.

I'm pissy about Behringer because well the synth industry already had flatlined once quite badly. And recently it's been kind of a renaissance. Things have been getting past just vintage re-issues and new stuff that suprassed the originals has been coming out. But if Behringer is going to steal the thunder of Roland, Yamaha and Moog, it's going to start having an affect. Mark my words. They are evil.
ranix
I don't know if Behringer physically can accomplish a synth of that size with that many buttons though. Yamaha can design a synth that will last 40 years with all parts serviceable and replaceable, that's still a completely playable, top of the line musical instrument half a decade later and they have the history to prove it. Behringer has a different history.

Then again, if it really is cheap enough, it could be worth dealing with the inevitable defects, performing upgrades, or replacing the device later.
coolshirtdotjpg
brokensolderingiron wrote:
Trying to pump up the CS80 secondhand price to 25000usd how much for a DeepShit80 then? SMACK! not this shit again Lolhammer! Bop!
Uli seams to be are hard in for snakeoiling people, well theres lots of idiots around.

Yeah, well, I could either be shamed by random people on the internet and spend 600 for the VC-340 or sell all my other synths and fork out 4000 for the vintage roland version... hard choice.

Everything I've bought from behringer, as far as synths are concerns has been excellent. I just wish they made the CS-80 rack-mountable like the deckard.
shreddoggie
In the future all threads discussing this offensive and hideous subject will be violating the no-politics rule. Sadly we aren't there yet, thus the lack of political inference is lost upon the dullards, braying away. Your kids will be mad at you eventually, but not just for the usual stuff. Good luck with it.
milkshake
Behringer has proven to make very good sounding synths.

This is the poly I want, if they nail the sound.

Hopefully it will be under 2 grand.

Strange that 10 years ago I would never ever GAS about something Behringer.
Things have changed.

Btw Yamaha is asking the same thing: https://www.gearnews.com/yamaha-asks-if-wed-like-to-see-the-return-of- the-cs-80-analogue-polysynth/?fbclid=IwAR1H5_83H1sCnnO2Jd4fcJ7XvWIYgcD x4lbEtGvcPsNrZZYFwh5Gb3vkWxU
thetwlo
tioJim wrote:
CS80’s a lot more than the sum of its parts. Good chat about it in last week’s SonicTalk, by two current owners.

do you think they nailed it on those? I thought they weren't shipping yet. But do agree with your point, CS80? would be great if they did, as long as it's not more a clone of Deckard's Dream.
thetwlo
milkshake wrote:
Behringer has proven to make very good sounding synths.

This is the poly I want, if they nail the sound.

Hopefully it will be under 2 grand.

I'll guess $1299 usd.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3