FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 

how are such sounds called?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Author how are such sounds called?

I mean tonal sounds.

They sound "acid" but they are not acid (as i mean completely different to 303-like basses at all). On a contrary, they sound like they are created with FM synthesis... (or wavetable?) But is there a term for such? As i encounter such sounds in different genres, but never know if there is a true way to refer to them. Something something very smooth and cold, psychedelic acidish (but not acid)
I think it's a sampled minor chord pitched up and down with a twanky filter modulation. These are called "porta-twanchord".

I agree with rexcoil. It sounds like fm or ring mod. I don't think the electribe has wavefolding.
Rex Coil 7
... sounds to me like a steel drum type sound with some of the top end rolled off.

Ring mod? FM? Both? Wavefolding? There's any number of ways to produce it.
Rings into Clouds
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group