jeskola buzz?

Reaktor, MAX/MSP, VST/AU, etc. A place for all things soft....

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

nikmis
my last name backwards

jeskola buzz?

Post by nikmis » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:25 pm

does anyone here use this DAW?

Overand
Common Wiggler

Post by Overand » Sat May 25, 2013 4:50 pm

Thread Necromancy - GO!

Yes, nikmus- I very much have enjoyed Buzz! These days, I mostly work with hardware synths & DAWs, or Renoise, though. But Buzz is great, and the original developer resurrected it & the community have created several new v ersions - Buzztard, Aldrin, etc.
Sites: overand.com | SoundCloud | YouTube ModularGrid: MOTM | Euro
WTB: MOTM Case, Euro VCAs, Sequencers, Env Followers & Interfaces.
Building the modular since ~2003

BaggerMcGuirk
Common Wiggler

Post by BaggerMcGuirk » Tue May 28, 2013 5:20 pm

Buzz was my(and I'd bet alot of folks') first DAW. The results I made in 99/00 didn't sound all that great, but it was alot of fun to play with. Every once in awhile I'll re-install and play it until it crashes. It still crashes a bunch for me, sadly.

nikmis
my last name backwards

Post by nikmis » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:44 am

buzz is great these days, I am running it with silent way through a MOTU ultralite. With POLACs most recent ASIO in and out its amazing. Jeskola buzz integrated with a modular

hifienvelope
Common Wiggler

Post by hifienvelope » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:08 pm

I've used Buzz off and on since 2002ish. I have kept a desktop quarantined from the web just for Buzz. I love it and still use it from time to time. I wasn't aware of the newer versions of Buzz. I'll have to get on that. Of course, this thread is a pretty old. I doubt many people are still using it now.

JoaCHIP
Learning to Wiggle

A buzz plugin developer appears...

Post by JoaCHIP » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:52 am

Oh, hello there, nikmis! I recognize your name from somewhere. I just signed up here for a different reason than Buzz, which I've been using since 1999.

PS: I've just released a new EQ called "Enceladus" for buzz at the new main plugin repository: http://buzz.robotplanet.dk/

Enjoy!

mt3
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mt3 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:42 pm

Any good demos/tutorials on Buzz?

ignatius
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ignatius » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:59 pm

checkout sunvox

lisa
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by lisa » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:11 am

Oh Buzz. :love:

I used Buzz for many years and produced some music with it that I’m still proud of. In 2010 I switched to Ableton Live, though.
New track! Drum synthesis and melodies. ✨

davidh
Ultra Wiggler

Post by davidh » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:48 am

I played a lot with Buzz in the beginning of the 2ks and it became my main music production station, it is simple but deep with all those machines

It was fantastic and lots of fun, and also played with trackers before, so this was just the continuation for me

don't work a lot with computers currently, mostly on my modular and edition in reaper, but still intrigued by the the Buzz renaissance

made some tracks here with Buzz :

nikmis
my last name backwards

Post by nikmis » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:17 am

lisa wrote:Oh Buzz. :love:

I used Buzz for many years and producera some music with it that I’m still proud of. In 2010 I switched to Ableton Live, though.
you filthy traitor

nikmis
my last name backwards

Re: A buzz plugin developer appears...

Post by nikmis » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:20 am

JoaCHIP wrote:Oh, hello there, nikmis! I recognize your name from somewhere. I just signed up here for a different reason than Buzz, which I've been using since 1999.

PS: I've just released a new EQ called "Enceladus" for buzz at the new main plugin repository: http://buzz.robotplanet.dk/

Enjoy!
hello! I use your planets buzz machines on 99% of everything I do. and Hyperion, and Enceladus since you released it

commodorejohn
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by commodorejohn » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:18 am

Man, I need to get an audio workstation with Buzz set back up - used that for several years after graduating from Modplug Tracker, before moving to hardware synths and a MIDI sequencer and just using Audacity for recording/mixing. Put together my first extended composition in it, with a combination of VSTs and Buzz instruments. It could be a crashy pain in the ass, but damn do I miss it.
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/SH-09/MT-32/D-50, Yamaha DX7/V50/TX7/TG33/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini/ARP Odyssey/DW-8000, Ensoniq SQ-80

"'Legacy code' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

mome rath
a dubious cube of margarine

Post by mome rath » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:18 am

used buzz for everything 1998-2008

loved it when it crashed and just made that WHITE NOISE EXPLOSION SOUND
soundcloud, dear friends

good trader cred
instagraM
guest wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:45 pm
basically, as the dude put it "no walter, youre not wrong, youre just an asshole".
zoogoo wrote: your stupid

maltemark
Veteran Wiggler

Post by maltemark » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:08 pm

Buzz isn't DAW, it's a tracker.

I started using it when it was still in alpha - found it via the maz sound tools website. It didn't even have a save function, but got wave render function in the next alpha.

Loved it to bits, but it also was a bit less direct than a regular tracker. It sure influenced my style of programming songs though, and probably the first time I met some sort of modular approach to effects chains and so on.

Hooray for oskari and elpuri!

mome rath

Post by mome rath » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:20 pm

maltemark wrote:found it via the maz sound tools website
that may have been where I found it also

back in the days of buzz, hammerhead, rebirth, and stomper!!
soundcloud, dear friends

good trader cred
instagraM
guest wrote:
basically, as the dude put it "no walter, youre not wrong, youre just an asshole".

magnetsandlasers
Common Wiggler

Post by magnetsandlasers » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:26 pm

Phutureprimitive (Rain) introduced me to Buzz waaaaayyyy back in the late 90s when we worked night shift together ostensibly answering call center phones but really beeping and booping on our computers (over which we had administrative control). Good times! :nana:

mome rath

Post by mome rath » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:04 pm

i always had a major compulsion to get the triangles on the routing lines so that they had at least one straight line

:help:
soundcloud, dear friends

good trader cred
instagraM
guest wrote:

nikmis
my last name backwards

Post by nikmis » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:40 am

maltemark wrote:Buzz isn't DAW, it's a tracker.
I suppose if we're getting technical, it's a DAW that has a tracker integrated into it. "Buzz is a Digital Audio Workstation with a unique top-down approach to music composition known as a tracker interface." is how Oskari describes it

everything I've ever made is through buzz

Breezewax
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Breezewax » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:30 am

This thread makes me want to dig up my old pc and see if it still works

JoaCHIP
Learning to Wiggle

Post by JoaCHIP » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:08 am

I have a better idea: Install buzz on your new PC. I'm sure that'll work much better.

Get Buzz here: http://jeskola.net/buzz/ (you want the 32-bit version)
Get the VST wrapper here: https://www.xlutop.com/buzz/
Get buzz plugins here: http://buzz.robotplanet.dk/
Get help here: http://buzzwiki.robotplanet.dk/index.ph ... _Buzz_Wiki

romanb
Learning to Wiggle

Post by romanb » Sat May 18, 2019 4:42 am

mome rath wrote:i always had a major compulsion to get the triangles on the routing lines so that they had at least one straight line

i'm not alone!!! I still do that occasionally though, but i usually don't really care anymore... :D

i'm also still using buzz as my main music stuff thing... started diving into HW modular thingies lately, and i do not regret it a single bit!

but buzz will always be around me for music stuff... can't help it... i'm biased... :P

as for results: well... except for the modular stuff i've started lately, everything i ever made was straight out of buzz...

\o/

commodorejohn
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by commodorejohn » Sat May 18, 2019 1:50 pm

maltemark wrote:Hooray for oskari and elpuri!
Haha, small world; I used to know oskari through a forum for a game-creation system. Can't remember if he was the one who introduced me to Buzz or not.
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/SH-09/MT-32/D-50, Yamaha DX7/V50/TX7/TG33/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini/ARP Odyssey/DW-8000, Ensoniq SQ-80

"'Legacy code' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

mafouka
Wiggling with Experience

Post by mafouka » Sat May 18, 2019 2:29 pm

Damn, I remember using the Jeskola Buzz Effects adapter for FL studio when I was in high school. Too bad it never got implemented for 64bit
這一生中有多少人擦肩而過?而朋友是多麼可貴啊

mome rath

Re:

Post by mome rath » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:14 pm

romanb wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 4:42 am
mome rath wrote:i always had a major compulsion to get the triangles on the routing lines so that they had at least one straight line

i'm not alone!!! I still do that occasionally though, but i usually don't really care anymore... :D

i'm also still using buzz as my main music stuff thing... started diving into HW modular thingies lately, and i do not regret it a single bit!

but buzz will always be around me for music stuff... can't help it... i'm biased... :P

as for results: well... except for the modular stuff i've started lately, everything i ever made was straight out of buzz...

\o/
cripes
I'm gonna download it and see if I remember how to work on that platform... it was an insanely creative environment for me in the day

i'm afraid I've lost a lot of that energy. I wonder if Buzz can bring it back :oops:
soundcloud, dear friends

good trader cred
instagraM
guest wrote:

Return to “Music Software”