MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Users of both STS Serge and Random Source Euro?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Users of both STS Serge and Random Source Euro?
Gringo Starr
I’m just curious if anybody here has owned or spent time with both an STS Serge System and also Random Source Euro System. How close are these in function and sound?
diophantine
By "function" do you just mean range/response/etc. of modules, or do you also mean patchability, etc.?
Gringo Starr
diophantine wrote:
By "function" do you just mean range/response/etc. of modules, or do you also mean patchability, etc.?

Good question. I’d like to know as much user experience as possible.
anadeji
Hi Gringo!

I use both and have them in harmonious balance (the R*S euros assembled with bananas by the legendary drwiener), I can say that the R*S match and in many cases exceed the STS-built modules in sound and function, but the STS have a vibe about them... hard to quantify.

I think they are both superb. I use the euro to expand on my Creature V2 + Custom M-Class (Active Process, Variable Bandwidth, DUSG, Preamp Detect from the Animate panel).
jamb
anadeji wrote:
Hi Gringo!

I use both and have them in harmonious balance (the R*S euros assembled with bananas by the legendary drwiener), I can say that the R*S match and in many cases exceed the STS-built modules in sound and function, but the STS have a vibe about them... hard to quantify.

I think they are both superb. I use the euro to expand on my Creature V2 + Custom M-Class (Active Process, Variable Bandwidth, DUSG, Preamp Detect from the Animate panel).

lemme know if you ever wanna sell that custom m-class panel
verstaerker
i had some time ago an STS Animal ... wich I really liked.
Unfortunately I sold it and always regretted it.
So i was happy to see Random Source offering modules in Germany
and I got a system similar to the animal build

The sound is from memory and when comparing my old recordings very similar and uniquely Serge.
FatRocky
here you can see 3 different DUSG´s including the awesome Loudest Warning new DUSG:

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1