MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New MakeNoise module: Mimeophon
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18, 19, 20  Next [all]
Author New MakeNoise module: Mimeophon
ggillon
Bionecteur wrote:
ggillon wrote:
Mimeophon... dubwise we're not worthy

[s]https://soundcloud.com/gautier-gillon/i-and-i[/s]

Hi GGillon,

is this only Mimeophon for the dubchords?

Best

Uwe

I wish but no. Mimeophon takes care of the bassline, with the modulated rate creating those nice evolving feedback loops. Dub chords are handled more traditionally by pedals: Meris Polymoon for delay and Mercury7 for reverb.
Mend
I know I'm late to the party but I can't find it in store anywhere in Europe. Does anyone know a store that still has any?
cackland
Mend wrote:
I know I'm late to the party but I can't find it in store anywhere in Europe. Does anyone know a store that still has any?

If you are desperate, foundsound.com.au has them (Australia though)
https://foundsound.com.au/collections/frontpage/products/12248
Mend
cackland wrote:
Mend wrote:

If you are desperate, foundsound.com.au has them (Australia though)
https://foundsound.com.au/collections/frontpage/products/12248
Thanks. But I'd rather order from a European dealer so I can deduct taxes smile
ggillon
You won't find it in stock in Europe but most shop will deliver it in a month or less wich is pretty normal for new Make Noise modules at launch
Orange
ggillon wrote:
You won't find it in stock in Europe but most shop will deliver it in a month or less wich is pretty normal for new Make Noise modules at launch

I hope so. hyper
Thomann.de mentions 7-8 weeks though. hmmm.....
ggillon
Try musicstore then. It's where I bought mine and it took around 3 weeks
bommelito
ggillon wrote:

estimated delivery from Musicstore is 11.11.2019. Looks like we Europeans have to wait until then cry
makenoise
Starting with firmware version MP70, the Mimeophon will let us instantly empty the sound out of all Zones by setting Mix and Repeats both fully counterclockwise.

Get it here:
http://www.makenoisemusic.com/modules/mimeophon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1sD2JXcQzc
Trebbers
It's peanut butter jelly time!
ggillon
bommelito wrote:
ggillon wrote:

estimated delivery from Musicstore is 11.11.2019. Looks like we Europeans have to wait until then cry

sad banana
Pighood
Buffer clear firmware upgrade works flawlessly applause
909one
I'm diggin' my Mimeophone but the one thing that irritates me is I can't get it to lock a loop with the hold button engaged that stays in time when a clock is sent to it. Anyone else having any issues with this? I've tried for a bit to get this to work and no luck.
cackland
Thank you for the buffer clear update.

Am I the only one who thinks that clearing of the buffer could be better instantiated through a ‘press and hold’ of a single or multiple buttons? Feel that would be a better interface decision than having to turn two knobs CCW. Unless MN has other update plans for the use of button combos..
cackland
For those wondering also, Tom messaged me and mentioned the request to clear the buffer over cv (which I clearly missed). So it makes sense to utilize button combos for other user requests that make sense to the ui.
Funky40
cackland wrote:

Am I the only one who thinks that clearing of the buffer could be better instantiated through a ‘press and hold’ of a single or multiple buttons?.

turning knobs to clear the buffer means one has to "de-adjust" an existing patch...........i find this unnecessary counter-functional.
I guess to "keep options open" was here the factor with the higher priority.
Much thanks for the update anyway !

on another note:
i have usually triggers going to the reverse* input. (* ahh wait, its a "flip" .....not a reverse.....)
(manually) pressing "freeze" *is affected* and in that sense disturbed by this flip trigger.
no proper manual jamming possible for me.
An update on this would be VERY welcome !....in case that this is doable ?
JakoGreyshire
If one didn't want to "de-adjust" an existing patch as FUNKY40 put it...

One way could be to use an inverted gate to the mix and repeats CV inputs. Then the knobs could stay where they are assuming that other CVs were not patched in those CV inputs....

If there were other CVs needed in those inputs as well as the occasional inverted gate for clearing, then I bet there would be a way to do that as well...Mixers come to mind... Logic modules?

I'm sure there are other ways, eh? What would you do?
jsp549
909one wrote:
I'm diggin' my Mimeophone but the one thing that irritates me is I can't get it to lock a loop with the hold button engaged that stays in time when a clock is sent to it. Anyone else having any issues with this? I've tried for a bit to get this to work and no luck.

Same thing or something similar happened to me while i was patching earlier. In Zone 3 or 4 I've noticed that the looping gets a bit sloppy. I also might have been in reverse mode too?

I also can't remember, but I think while Hold was engage the rate of the delay was also changing? Everytime the clock pulse hit the rate would instantly speed up, slow down, and then speed up again when another pulse hit.
909one
jsp549 wrote:
909one wrote:

Same thing or something similar happened to me while i was patching earlier. In Zone 3 or 4 I've noticed that the looping gets a bit sloppy. I also might have been in reverse mode too?

I also can't remember, but I think while Hold was engage the rate of the delay was also changing? Everytime the clock pulse hit the rate would instantly speed up, slow down, and then speed up again when another pulse hit.

Yeah there's something screwy with the Hold.
nuttymad
I’m getting a fair amount of noise when clocking mimeophon via the sync input. It gets really really noticeable while in zones 0-1 with rate knob clockwise. Its almost like it switches on and becomes present when I turn the zone knob CW to zone 0. You can also hear an audible click. I’ve tried different clocks at different speeds. I was hoping other users could chime in and tell me this is normal.
starthief
nuttymad wrote:
I’m getting a fair amount of noise when clocking mimeophon via the sync input. It gets really really noticeable while in zones 0-1 with rate knob clockwise. Its almost like it switches on and becomes present when I turn the zone knob CW to zone 0. You can also hear an audible click. I’ve tried different clocks at different speeds. I was hoping other users could chime in and tell me this is normal.

With Repeats turned up enough, noise does accumulate. With Repeats low I get no noise regardless of any other settings.

Clocking doesn't make any difference for me.
natureclubcassettes
are there certain clock sources that are not compatible? i'm specifically wondering about the outs straight from the a-160....

really excited about using this module
makenoise
Gate the Mimeophon's HOLD input to create stutter, jitter, and glitch effects, and to dynamically trap Repeats in time loops!

https://youtu.be/KhghhTFHKEw
jayrope
makenoise wrote:
Starting with firmware version MP70, the Mimeophon will let us instantly empty the sound out of all Zones by setting Mix and Repeats both fully counterclockwise.

That's good news already. I can't find any info on HOW to update the firmware though. EDIT: Unstuff downloaded archive to see update instructions wink
jayrope
makenoise wrote:
Gate the Mimeophon's HOLD input to create stutter, jitter, and glitch effects, and to dynamically trap Repeats in time loops!

https://youtu.be/KhghhTFHKEw

The stutter/hold is very useful. Is there any chance you are going to implement an alternate mode, that would let me PITCH the delay buffer, when hold is on, and simply upon turning the rate dial?

Basically turning rate to tape speed = pitch?

Thanx in advance!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18, 19, 20  Next [all]
Page 15 of 20