MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New MakeNoise module: Mimeophon
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next [all]
Author New MakeNoise module: Mimeophon
jayrope
ggillon wrote:
jayrope wrote:
Got mine today.
• Signal in buffer doesn't pitch when on hold. What a pity (just for that feature I was looking again for a replacement of an early 90s digital delay which is a permanent companion to my live sets)!

Get an Echophon next to your mime wink The echophon does it

Echophon doesn't pitch like a tape, but that is what i am looking for. Vintage delays, sde-2000 etc all work like this, no warping or other interpolation of sorts, just simple sample rate change. very effective.
Bjarlstedt
Now in stock over at EFN: https://escapefromnoise.com/en/modular/make-noise-mimeophon/
Rost + Licht
Now that the dust has settled;
can this delay get into the haptic tape echo territory?
How does subtle modulation of the colouring settings sound?
ckwjr
Rost + Licht wrote:

differences are subtle. I have a hard time hearing variation in the color knob with even un-subtle modulation. Come to think of it, maybe that's my own hearing loss doing that. I think I've lost hearing in frequencies most affected by "brightness" variation.
ggillon
ckwjr wrote:
Rost + Licht wrote:

differences are subtle. I have a hard time hearing variation in the color knob with even un-subtle modulation. Come to think of it, maybe that's my own hearing loss doing that. I think I've lost hearing in frequencies most affected by "brightness" variation.

The color parameter is far from subtle. It's like a low pass filter. Set the mix to fully wet and you will realize how much it changes the repeats. Unless you can only hear lower frequencies now you should definitely hear something.

Of course if the mix isn't 100% wet it's more difficult to hear it because you still have all the frequencies of the original signal in the mix
ckwjr
That must be it. I've been keeping it throttled to about 20%.
OHEXOH
Anyone else have this strange behavior; I find the Mimeophon a little noisy, but strangely it gets less white noisy as I move from Dry to Wet (wet settings are no repeats, no halo & color set to middle).

hmmm.....
Mashmore
OHEXOH wrote:
Anyone else have this strange behavior; I find the Mimeophon a little noisy, but strangely it gets less white noisy as I move from Dry to Wet (wet settings are no repeats, no halo & color set to middle).

hmmm.....

I’ve got a touch of the morphagene type digital floor noise at times as well. I can usually gain stage and get most of it out of the mix. But yeah mine seems to have a slight noise as well.
starthief
I specifically checked for that because someone else had mentioned it previously. I've got no noticeable noise when dry, and noise that accumulates when it's wet and repeats are high.
Granular
Nutritional Zero wrote:
I'm happy to report that the Mimeophon plays nicely in series with other delays. I took Magneto out for my case for... about two weeks, but there's no way I can really live without either.

This is a single MI Stages in harmonic oscillator mode, into QPAS, into Magneto, then into Mimeophon.

This is really beautiful. Especially the Part starting after 2 min. applause
Nutritional Zero
Thank you so much. I sometimes feel like I’m pissing into the wind when I make these videos and it makes me so happy when it connects with somebody.
Cortega
Mashmore wrote:
OHEXOH wrote:

hmmm.....

I’ve got a touch of the morphagene type digital floor noise at times as well. I can usually gain stage and get most of it out of the mix. But yeah mine seems to have a slight noise as well.

I think this is the low build build Quality from Make Noise Modules,
the Pots are low build in all Modules and in the Digital Modules from MN you get this Noise Floor,
if you write MN Support about this you get the Answer „ this is the typical Noise Floor that is produced from Digital Modules“
Seriously ??
i have a lot of Digital Modules(ER-301, Rossum, etc.) and there are dead Silent.
I love and have a lot of MN Modules but the Build Quality for the Price is not on the good Side.
nectarios
Cortega wrote:
Mashmore wrote:
OHEXOH wrote:

hmmm.....

the Pots are low build in all Modules and in the Digital Modules from MN you get this Noise Floor,
if you write MN Support about this you get the Answer „ this is the typical Noise Floor that is produced from Digital Modules“
Seriously ??
i have a lot of Digital Modules(ER-301, Rossum, etc.) and there are dead Silent.
I love and have a lot of MN Modules but the Build Quality for the Price is not on the good Side.

eek!
aintnopicnic
@ Nutritional Zero

love it! applause
bc3
nectarios wrote:
Cortega wrote:
Mashmore wrote:
OHEXOH wrote:

hmmm.....

Seriously ??

eek!

Well... he is from Germany hihi
nectarios
bc3 wrote:
nectarios wrote:
Cortega wrote:
Mashmore wrote:
OHEXOH wrote:

hmmm.....

Seriously ??

eek!

Well... he is from Germany hihi

Meaning? I didn't get it obviously
cyberdine
deleted
tommygee
I stated earlier that my Mimeophon does not have the noise issue. It does and it is quite a lot. Perhaps this issue came with the newest firmware update, I'm not sure. Anyway I attached two short files here. One recorded through Mimeophon 100% dry, other recorded directly to my DAW.
yrn1
That is indeed quite noticeable. Any idea why there is no noise in the quiet part before the note?

Could you upload the same, but wet? Just a simple single delay, no color or anything?
digidandy
Now that the noise issue has been raised by quite a few, some kind of response in this thread from MN would be nice.
djd_oz
Has anyone tried downgrading the s/w to see if the noise issue disappears?
cannonball swandive
Mine is on its way...fingers crossed it doesn’t have this issue:(
geetee
Cortega wrote:
Mashmore wrote:
OHEXOH wrote:

hmmm.....

Seriously ??

My ER-301 was noisy, so there's that.
yrn1
My kids are noisy. Manufacturer ignores my complaints...
Carci
OHEXOH wrote:

hmmm.....

Same issue here.
The dry has digital noise.
It puzzles me as well.
Is the dry signal going thru AD/DA conversion ?

I'm trying to fix it but as it is, I can't use it on stage.
I have the morphagene right next to it and it's super clean.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next [all]
Page 16 of 20