MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

DADA Machines Composer Pro sequencer/sampler
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author DADA Machines Composer Pro sequencer/sampler
scttcmpbll
Looks to be solid competition for the Deluge:
https://dadamachines.com/products/composer-pro/

Panason
Wow, this destroys the Deluge on spec...

2 x 120Mhz ARM Cortex M4F Microcontrollers with FPU
• 1 x FPGA – Lattice ICE40UP5K
• Compute module 3+ SoC. quad core 1.2ghz, 1gb RAM, 8-32gb eMMC.

128 × 64 pixel OLED screen, 16-level bright white huge pixels.

HDMI out (?!?!?)

Maybe MIDI gear is finally entering the 21st century... They need to suport MIDI 2.0 on this.

at €1299 It costs almost as much as a Cirklon so it'd better have the sequencing chops ...
DiscoDevil
Where did you see sampling?
xonetacular
I like the idea of gird sequencers but I have yet to see one that has the features and UI to make it worthwhile. Hope this is different, but I'm probably out at that pricepoint anyway.
Panason
• Up to 16 Bars per pattern
• Individual track lengths
• Individual clock multiplier/divider per track
• Custom Chord Pads, Custom Trigger Views
• Parameter per Step
• Unquantized/Quantized Recording
Step-Repeat and Phrase-Repeat
• Real-Time Note correction (Autoscale)
• Record Automation
• Full real-time control

SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!

With that spec and "8-32 RAM " it should support any number of instrument definitions and with that screen it should be able to display full, un-abbreviated instrument and parameter names.... SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! Maybe, finally, the future is here... but this has a waiting list too!
scttcmpbll
DiscoDevil wrote:

Its mentioned in this article:
http://cdm.link/2019/05/open-grid-dadamachines-composer-pro/?fbclid=Iw AR3b9xGFMlDrCOnrDSbcEUMF9Ia31p9AFfBjcHhSf12m5GeyEfEgGkrRqX0
DiscoDevil
scttcmpbll wrote:
DiscoDevil wrote:

Its mentioned in this article:
http://cdm.link/2019/05/open-grid-dadamachines-composer-pro/?fbclid=Iw AR3b9xGFMlDrCOnrDSbcEUMF9Ia31p9AFfBjcHhSf12m5GeyEfEgGkrRqX0

Interesting that they don't mention it at all on their own promotional material.
gminorcoles
I am tired of grid / pattern. Innovate somehow - figure out a new way to bring the power of piano roll in DAW to hardware. there are 1000 step sequencers out there why do I care how overspecced they are.
renderful
Panason wrote:
• Up to 16 Bars per pattern
With that spec and "8-32 RAM " it should support any number of instrument definitions and with that screen it should be able to display full, un-abbreviated instrument and parameter names.... SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! Maybe, finally, the future is here... but this has a waiting list too!

8-32gb eMMC is storage
scttcmpbll
From DADA Machines on the llllllll.co forum:

We are going to open source software (for microcontrollers and fpga) and hardware (schematics will be available on github).
We want to see people working with our frameworks where the doppler boards makes a powerful and affordable starting point.
Our next step is to build more units to work with collaborators on the future versions of the software and also with artists.
composer pro is the result of a ongoing journey to build the tools we would love to use ourselfs, with deep admiration for brians / momome’s work.
Panason
That's awesome, especially if the sequencer and MIDI functionality can be tweaked by others... it could mean a customizable device OS and the end of the futile search for the sequencer that does what you want...

How about a cheaper version without the audio engine!!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1