MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

U.D.O. Super 6 hybrid "binaural" poly
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author U.D.O. Super 6 hybrid "binaural" poly
Panason
Are you bankrupt yet???

Sounds super! Rockin' Banana!
calaveras
damn, cant listen at work. But I gotta know more about this binaural synth.
Is there a Fritz head involved?
Rex Coil 7
... it's like hopefully, basically, like essentially, sortof, kindof like basically, we're shooting for, essentially sortof basically ...

Ugh ... d'oh!

... I suppose we'll see how it works out. Time will tell. seriously, i just don't get it
Panason
calaveras wrote:

Is there a Fritz head involved?

Well, at least one shaved head. 'Binaural' basically means stereo oscillators (and stereo filters) as far as I can tell.
I recommend you don't listen if you want to protect your credit card. Let's just say Juno 106 on steroids, lots of sweet spot... You don't need this to make music!
Sir Ruff
It sounds great. Very smooth, sweet. Love the interface and learned about the addition of your own wavetables too, which is rad!
nadafarms
Looks cool but isn’t oscillator panning on a Oberheim poly the same thing as binaural?
RedLab
At first sight I thought it was a modern take on Elka Synthex.

I guess not, but interesting none the less
Jason Brock
Lovely sounds. Glad to see so many companies doing poly keyboards again (Novation Summit too).

Remember a decade ago when everyone would eagerly await trade show news and all we got in return was a Roland Gaia? hihi
anselmi
man...I´m in love... love love love love love

this synth have all what I want...the only thing I´d prefer was a little display for names, but the rest is AMAZING

the sound is great, the layout is great, the look is great, the features, the construction seems to be first class too

love the way he put emphasis on "big and clunky" thing...yeah, this is what I want!
Panason
Looks like the whole enclosure is metal?

The black and white version is hot... it nails a future-retro aesthetic like a worthy successor to Roland's designs..and it's not even finished yet.
Not sure about white knobs and fader caps...

Quote:

Looks cool but isn’t oscillator panning on a Oberheim poly the same thing as binaural?

Maybe here each oscillator is doubled up in some way to generate a stereo signal ?
I wonder if funky doppler-like or leslie efffects will be a thing... by modulating oscillators and stereo position. I think that's what the dude was hinting at, that you don't need as many external fx with this. and of course this is before the filter.
anselmi
Panason wrote:
Maybe here each oscillator is doubled up in some way to generate a stereo signal ? I wonder if funky doppler-like or leslie efffects will be a thing...by modulating oscillators and stereo position.

yes, there is a full double signal path when you enable this mode paned L/R...and then the LFOs can be phase controlled to achieve movement between the both channels...and ace design

Quote:
I think that's what the dude was hinting at, that you don't need as many external fx with this. and of course this is before the filter.

the synth sounds geat without touching the fx, but it has delay adn a juno-ish chorus buttons that I think is more than enough to make massive sounds
Quote:

The black and white version is hot... it nails a future-retro aesthetic like a worthy successor to Roland's designs..and it's not even finished yet.
Not sure about white knobs and fader caps...

All the synth has a strong Roland vibe. The sound is something in between a juno and a jupiter, but with something modern that doesn´t fight the old influences too. Very well done. Sometimes sounds like a Polysix too...I guess this are the SSM filters.

The oscillator section is pretty impressive, with 2 oscillatores, crosmod, ring, sync, and they promised wavetables! The LFO that can go up to audio rate with tracking, as well as the envelopes. Man, there is so much good stuff there, so for me this is the poly to go.

Finally somebody put the effort in the places that matters. I don´t care to pay big money for a product like this.
Panason
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

(Sacha cannot play the keyboard, George)
anselmi
another one

rowsbywoof
help

Don't need this.

So want this.

Sounds amazing.
rowsbywoof
Panason wrote:
(Sacha cannot play the keyboard, George)

Holy crap, you weren't kidding. That freaking tanked the vibe on the second half of that demo. George should have noodled for another 10 minutes. He was nailing it.
insoul8
Damn. Just damn.
jdaddyaz
Really sounds amazing. Cant believe that synth makes all that raw noise. Hope there are enough for everyone.
Aiyn Zahev
I often say to myself "I should get this one day" but I'm very much aware that it's not something I couldn't live without. THIS though is such a perfect 100% must buy. I can't wait till it's actually available.
jonne74
It sounds lovely, but the price is way up there at £2000-2500.
BugBrand
George Hearn knows his stuff!
I heard about it at the start of the year and am impressed that him and the rest of UDO have moved it forward so much.
Sounds great for sure!
SweetNuthin
Best thing at Superbooth for me.. god, it's sound gorgeous
Panason
When he did the binaural sine waves I almost came a little
acidbob
It sounds and looks amazing ! cool

Edit: Think I will have to save up some money ! I am going to have to buy it.

When will it be out? estimated
a100user
acidbob wrote:

When will it be out? estimated

Hoping for autumn is what he says on the sonicState vid
Purveyor2
Time to start saving, I’m loving the super 6.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3