MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

U.D.O. Super 6 hybrid "binaural" poly
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author U.D.O. Super 6 hybrid "binaural" poly
neonmercury1
I was starting to consider buyin an ob6 and ringing in a poly but this thing is a no brainer. between this and the pulsar im gonna be realll broke this year.
h4ndcrafted
The supersaws sounded great , but I would of preferred some simpler sounds to understand the character a bit more.

Also, yeah , the first guy should of kept on playing. Seemed like the second guy was trapped between programming and just playing something tbf.
nodog
I think you guys are a little bit harsh on the second guy. He did some slightly different stuff with it and complemented George quite well. This presentation as a whole was obviously totally unrehearsed and quite charming if I may say so.
dubonaire
Sounds so lush!
milkshake
Could this be the best sounding poly synth ever?
Panason
nodog wrote:
I think you guys are a little bit harsh on the second guy. He did some slightly different stuff with it and complemented George quite well. This presentation as a whole was obviously totally unrehearsed and quite charming if I may say so.

While I like the unrehearsed aspect of the presentation, that clown totally blagged his way on stage for his 5 minutes of fame by lying to George that he can play the keyboard... enough with this internet culture of faux politeness. That guy can F off hihi
slumberjack
wow that stereo mode makes the kh310 move around my studio...
anselmi
h4ndcrafted wrote:
The supersaws sounded great , but I would of preferred some simpler sounds to understand the character a bit more.

here´s some little simple waves at the beginning. It´s very short, using just oscillator 2, then he brings up oscillator 1 to a full supersaw effect.
Anyway, this demos shows more subtle and detailed sounds than previous ones.

At 11:50 there´s another example of more simple sounds

The simple waves sounds much simple, of course, but really warm and nice, with the right amount of crispiness and body, and none of the harsh character of some digital oscillators.
The oscillator section here seems to be very well designed and for the first time I heard a DDS/FPGA synth that sounds really good without anything added.
The SSM filters are the ice in the cake, by far my favorite filters for a poly

Man, just hear the resonant bass tones at 9:31...they´re so well done! sounds a cross between a juno and a polysix! I was waiting for a synth that finally kills my GAS for vintage polys and this is it!

calaveras
I wasnt into it until I noticed the blue one.
Also, blue is going to outsell black 3 to 1.

On the second video if you turn up your volume really loud you can hear someone yell 'you suuuuck! get off the stage!' @14:03
anselmi
calaveras wrote:
I wasnt into it until I noticed the blue one.
Also, blue is going to outsell black 3 to 1

agree
the blue one is my new love love

the black (dark grey?) is nice but lacks the sex appeal of the blue one

and talking about this...

anselmi
and here some details pictures of the panel that shows a bunch of features with an excellent choice of parameters and controls that would deliver a very wide palette of sounds

h4ndcrafted
Do those keys over hang the chassis?
anselmi
h4ndcrafted wrote:

yes, but if you look closer, they have a metal piece at each side of the keyboard to protect them
rockmanrock
anselmi wrote:
h4ndcrafted wrote:

yes, but if you look closer, they have a metal piece at each side of the keyboard to protect them

And underneath? Fresh air?
Dave Peck
anselmi wrote:
h4ndcrafted wrote:

That's not enough. Anything that hits the front edge of the synth is hitting the plastic keys instead of hitting a metal chassis. It was a problem on the rev III Arp Odyssey and other synths and it's just not a good design choice. They should reconsider.
anselmi
Dave Peck wrote:
anselmi wrote:
h4ndcrafted wrote:

That's not enough. Anything that hits the front edge of the synth is hitting the plastic keys instead of hitting a metal chassis. It was a problem on the rev III Arp Odyssey and other synths and it's just not a good design choice. They should reconsider.

I agree, but they talk about this with love, so I think this is the final design. Personally I love how it looks, and I´m not planning to move mine a lot (or never) so it´s fine for me. I understand that moving musicians really worry about break some keys though
Panason
Dave Peck wrote:

Agreed!
h4ndcrafted
Given that all keyboards with this type of design end up with people breaking the keys, I’m surprised. This keyboard is made to be gigged.

I fear this is the final design, not a deal breaker , but dumb design on a high end board. Not such a ‘tank’ after all.
Panason
well if the case is all metal it may be possible to DIY bumpers with a drill and some wood ... which would of course also give the synth mo' vintage tone.
anselmi
Panason wrote:
well if the case is all metal it may be possible to DIY bumpers with a drill and some wood ... which would of course also give the synth mo' vintage tone.

in the videos´comments some people just started to complain for the lack of wooden end cheeks meh
h4ndcrafted
Not fan of wooden end cheeks, but it does take a knock better than metal.
Expect to see lots of these modded with ugly end cheeks.

I’m going to fit mine with airbags and an alarm.

@1.27

damase
it does sound pretty awesome, although none of the demos show the stereo unison thing doing anything other than just that, i imagine it is a bit deeper with phase and sync is explored more. the design looks a lot like a jupiter 6, but my main question is, does the arpeggioator work the same way as the jupiter 6 arp? the unquantized nature of it resetting on note on, the perfect range of the knob for small swing adjustments... for me that would be an expensive answer smile
GuyaGuy
Any sign on an animator-type thing like on the Modals?
Birth_Chord
Been waiting for a single poly-synth to accompany my Eurorack and Octatrack setup...

The blue Super 6 really is a beauty...

My wallet...
Rex Coil 7
Dave Peck wrote:
anselmi wrote:
h4ndcrafted wrote:

I agree! I agree! I agree! t3h 8@nz3r@t3d t3h 8@nz3r@t3d t3h 8@nz3r@t3d Rage! Rage! Rage!

Hammond knows whats up ......

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 2 of 3