MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Instruo Lúbadh stereo looper
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author Instruo Lúbadh stereo looper
pieter
I would say Instruo is hands down the manufacturer with the most attractive module aestetic right now. The innovative use of LEDs interacting with the panel is inspiring. I also love the blank panels with simplified module manual schematics shown in the Superbooth 19 video.
mdoudoroff
Unless I missed an actual, solid demo, we unfortunately don’t have much to go on except the sexy looks and the basic walkthrough.

The ideas and interface seem neat, but I need to see it in some musical context.
jmax313
bc3 wrote:
jmax313 wrote:
The faceplate is so cool

Any idea on price?

He mentioned 430 pounds i think on the Sonic State video.

Thanks!

mdoudoroff wrote:
Unless I missed an actual, solid demo, we unfortunately don’t have much to go on except the sexy looks and the basic walkthrough.

The ideas and interface seem neat, but I need to see it in some musical context.

Agreed, would like to see one as well.
pieter
Here is a performance/demo at Schneidersladen:

radin
The best demo i've found but really needs a better walk through

(alt+y)

mdoudoroff wrote:

koyl
I don't see how the feedback amount is handled, which is a bit confusing for a looper with overdub capabilities... seriously, i just don't get it
Anyone who tried it know more about this ?
taylor12k
i really really really hope the pitch knobs are quantized (or have the option to be) so we're not hunting down octaves like the old days on the phonogene...
Futuresound
FFT analysis on the input is very smart, and very interesting.
mdoudoroff
Still no music, but a superior walkthrough and better audio:

saemola
Such a perfect interface.
Jason, are there “hacks” to create splices and to time stretch independently from the pitch ala Morphagene?
knifey
digidandy wrote:
MrNezumi wrote:
As far as functionality goes, this seems almost the same as 4MS' Stereo Trigger Sampler.

Except for three important things: pitch control, saturation/degradation and easy access to scrub. And resampling from channel to channel.

So, four?

And overdubbing as well? One reason I didn't go for the STS was because it couldn't overdub on an existing loop. I kept my Timefactor as my main looper for that reason. And the fact that the TF can also do overdub or replace, for some amazing sample collaging.

Might have to ask Jason if he can implement that into the module (overdub or replace), and if so, definitely busting out my extra skiff for it.
vidret
koyl wrote:
I don't see how the feedback amount is handled, which is a bit confusing for a looper with overdub capabilities... seriously, i just don't get it

Also interested in how/if feedback is handled.

It said it had ‘delay features’ or something like it, so it’s in there somewhere.
Maybe you self-patch the out to the AUX in. Then the AUX in slider is feedback and AUX out your out. Maybe? razz
koyl
vidret wrote:
koyl wrote:

Also interested in how/if feedback is handled.

It said it had ‘delay features’ or something like it, so it’s in there somewhere.
Maybe you self-patch the out to the AUX in. Then the AUX in slider is feedback and AUX out your out. Maybe? razz

Or maybe the out is normalized to the Aux in so it acts like this when nothing is plugged in the aux.. That would be even better. cool
vidret
I watched the demo and it seems the AUX in slider goes from inserting the right or the left channel back in when set to the right or left.

Is the middle 0 volume? So many questions.
sasbom
This module will be amazing. I always find myself repeatedly playing the same pattern, so recording it in a looper would make a lot of sense. Does this do overdub as well? That'd be groundbreaking!

I've been searching for something like this for a while now but it just doesnt exist!

Big hype!
natureclubcassettes
radin wrote:
The best demo i've found but really needs a better walk through

(alt+y)

mdoudoroff wrote:

hopefully it comes stocked with the thompson twins as well
MindMachine
^ Deal breaker.

This looks like a pretty straightforward looper. Very interested in this one.

What is the HP on this thing? I don't see that anywhere.
mdoudoroff
I asked Jason about precisely recording within a beat structure, and here’s what he said:

Quote:
At present the solution for precise record control is implemented as latching buttons where you tap it to begin recording or to over dub, and momentary/gate control via the input jack.
I have found that to be the most versatile for sequencing overdub and recording control.
It will record or overdub as long as there is a high gate seen at the jack.
An idea I have had to test in software is ‘rec enable’ control via the button. Ideally the module would know if there is a cable patched to the control jacks and the button behaviour would change to rec enable. However that is not so simple a fix. Consistent jack insert sensing can be done a couple of ways, but would be extensive in revision.

From playing with the prototypes, the simplest control implementation of high gate == recording, low == playback, is the quickest and easiest to navigate and is very versatile when using either slow gate signals or even using a sequencer with steps high for rec/overdub periods.

He also mentioned that firmware updates were via SD card on the back.
Sunden
sasbom wrote:
This module will be amazing. I always find myself repeatedly playing the same pattern, so recording it in a looper would make a lot of sense. Does this do overdub as well? That'd be groundbreaking!

I've been searching for something like this for a while now but it just doesnt exist!

Big hype!

You might be interested in checking out Mannequins W/. It is a completely different module in some regards, and very similar to Lubadh in others (especially if you have two W/s). The interface is radically different, but it might intrigue you! Really depends on what you are looking for in terms of interface and how much HP/$$ you are looking to dedicate to your looper.
bc3
Sunden wrote:
sasbom wrote:

Big hype!

You might be interested in checking out Mannequins W/. It is a completely different module in some regards, and very similar to Lubadh in others (especially if you have two W/s). The interface is radically different, but it might intrigue you! Really depends on what you are looking for in terms of interface and how much HP/$$ you are looking to dedicate to your looper.

IMO Mannequins W/ is a disaster in UI design but the sandwich'd 2HP circuit board design is impressive. The only similarity between W/ and Lubadh is that they have audio buffers that play back audio. Don't waste you time with W/ but if you are into cryptic manuals, riddles and poetry go for it! hihi
Zymos
If you want to record quantized to beats, having a clock input makes things much easier. This only has clock outs?
mdoudoroff
Zymos wrote:
If you want to record quantized to beats, having a clock input makes things much easier. This only has clock outs?

Short answer, yes. Slightly longer answer:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3064064#3064064
cackland
MindMachine wrote:
^ Deal breaker.

This looks like a pretty straightforward looper. Very interested in this one.

What is the HP on this thing? I don't see that anywhere.

20HP according to modular grid
Sunden
bc3 wrote:
Sunden wrote:
sasbom wrote:

Big hype!

IMO Mannequins W/ is a disaster in UI design but the sandwich'd 2HP circuit board design is impressive. The only similarity between W/ and Lubadh is that they have audio buffers that play back audio. Don't waste you time with W/ but if you are into cryptic manuals, riddles and poetry go for it! hihi

I think there is more to it than that!

They both allow you to:

- Linearly control tape playback speed in both directions (only via CV with W/)
- Overdub or overwrite tape
- Set up decaying looping feedback/be used as a delay unit (although it looks a little more complicated with Lubadh than with W/)
- Trim loops (though it's less immediate on W/ and not done dynamically w/ CV)
- Both provide clock outputs (using W/s latest firmware update)
- Both provide feedback on loop position (Lubadh using LEDs, W/ using CV ramps - latest firmware)
- Store persistent audio between power cycles (believe it is 6.5 min for Lubadh, >5 hrs for w/)
- Reset to the start of a loop using triggers (W/ can also advance to previous or subsequent loops using an offest mixed with a trigger - I believe this is the "retrig" input on Lubadh)

Probably more I am leaving out, but there are definitely a lot of similarities! Like I said, radically different interfaces, but it is more than just sharing the use of an audio buffer.

The original poster simply mentioned that they wanted to be able to store and record a longer loop of audio, so I do think it is relevant as a suggestion to them!
Sunden
mdoudoroff wrote:
Zymos wrote:

Short answer, yes. Slightly longer answer:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3064064#3064064

Looks like the retrig input could also be used to synchronize jumping to the start of a loop and turning on the recording gate, no?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 2 of 4