MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Instruo Lúbadh stereo looper
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author Instruo Lúbadh stereo looper
mdoudoroff

Consisting of two identical channels Lúbadh allows you to instantly record, playback, overdub, trim down, scan through and pitch up or down any audio signal.

Inspired by the aesthetics and mechanics of early tape techniques each channel features an analogue input circuit which adds slight compression, filtering and saturation. On the first recording, the sound may appear slightly fuller and warmer,
re-recording audio back and forth will compound this effect over time allowing you to create dense tape like textures.

Lúbadh | ˈluːbɑː | verb (willow weaving) loop, link, coil, twist, bend; meander of a river, to be fond of, wrapped up in

2 channel looper
96kHz/24bit recording (32 bit internal processing)
Tape response inspired analogue input circuit
LED display for playback speed, length and position
Over five minutes record time per channel (more than 375 feet of tape at 15ips)
Varispeed –/+ 4x speed
Link switch for stereo looping
Delay capabilities
Clock divider output
VCA controlled auxiliary input/output crossfading
Looping or one-shot playback capabilities
Load/save functionality
Included 2HP CV expander for CV over everything

https://www.instruomodular.com/product/lubadh/

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/instruo-lubadh
mdoudoroff
2HP expander cry

Nutritional Zero
Interesting no microSD card option...

Edit: looks stunning though, I should be clear.
mdoudoroff
Yes, it’s explicitly for live/performance use. No storage.
Virgil
blah
Muse FTW
I saw a small clip of it in action (just visual, no audio) and it is one of the coolest LED designs I've seen in a while.
Fayette
This looks very nice! Curious what it will cost..
thisisvictorkim
mdoudoroff wrote:

Any idea if sounds recorded into the Lubadh will remain in the buffer when it's powered down?
Futuresound
Load/save functionality is listed as a feature, we’ll have to wait to see what that means I guess.
cackland
Keeping my eye on this one for sure.
mdoudoroff
thisisvictorkim wrote:
mdoudoroff wrote:

Any idea if sounds recorded into the Lubadh will remain in the buffer when it's powered down?

Dunno. Jason’s own product description says “load/save functionality” so maybe there is some persistence system? At Scneidersladen he created the impression it was only for dynamic use.
DSC
Getting this!!!!
synonymist
mdoudoroff wrote:

Consisting of two identical channels Lúbadh allows you to instantly record, playback, overdub, trim down, scan through and pitch up or down any audio signal...

It looks interesting. I wonder if it will include a manual.
Gripp
Yup. Looks very interesting indeed. Seems to tick all my boxes for a looper except possibly one. I do need to be able to play and record in reverse. Hoping for that possibility.
joem
mdoudoroff wrote:
2HP expander cry

from the site (emphasis mine):

Quote:
Included 2HP CV expander
Ras Thavas
In one of the videos they mentioned it was originally designed for on-the-fly looping only, no save or load, but then this functionality was added later in development. Could work whether way for me...
MindMachine
I could send my Geiskes VoiceRecorder 2 into one channel and my Noise Reap ISD sampler into another and have samply mayhem.

Superbooth is blowing my mind.
ludotex
I tried it at superbooth. It was my favorite module of the show. The display is very nice. Seems like you can use the module as a delay as well. I didnt understand all the features but what i got was really neat. Also the people from instruo are super nice smile looking forward to get one.
vidret
I'm surprised this hasn't gotten more discussion. Double looper with solid interface in a 20 hp space.

Might end up making room for this, looks incredible.
sukyaneer
Jason told me last week that he was considering attaching a small SD card underneath the module to store samples and sessions in, so that'll help with regards to storage. I had a quick play with it and first impressions were great! A beautiful interface with many possibilities!

Looking forward to playing with this soon too!
MrNezumi
As far as functionality goes, this seems almost the same as 4MS' Stereo Trigger Sampler.
Virusinstaller
I love the visual image of the tape rolls.
Jut perfect for this module.
digidandy
MrNezumi wrote:
As far as functionality goes, this seems almost the same as 4MS' Stereo Trigger Sampler.

Except for three important things: pitch control, saturation/degradation and easy access to scrub. And resampling from channel to channel.

So, four?
jmax313
The faceplate is so cool

Any idea on price?
bc3
jmax313 wrote:
The faceplate is so cool

Any idea on price?

He mentioned 430 pounds i think on the Sonic State video.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4