Instruo arbhar granular processor

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

Torn n Frayed
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Torn n Frayed » Fri May 10, 2019 6:27 pm

Straight fire.

Muse FTW
Common Wiggler

Post by Muse FTW » Fri May 10, 2019 6:32 pm

This guy's visual design is out of this world. Pairing this with his looper could be its own mini system.

Funky40
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Funky40 » Fri May 10, 2019 9:14 pm

I wonder how much % of rackspace in my 12U/100cm main Rack will be filled with Samplers, Loopers and Granulartools in one year from now.

;)
For sale / reduced prices ( swiss (we are NON-EU)/ in case it makes sense_ EU/WW)(CHF +- = $):
WMD Geiger Counter: 180.- / Dotcom Q960: 700.- / Q119: 430 /
ATV A-Frame incl. Accu and Bag: 850.-, like new, quasi unused.

suboptimal
A Towering Mediocrity

Post by suboptimal » Fri May 10, 2019 9:27 pm

Just beautiful. Really hoping that my recent re-embrace of the Octatrack keeps me from taking the radical steps that would be required to add this to my system . . . I'm doomed.

c0ntr4d1ct10n
Common Wiggler

Post by c0ntr4d1ct10n » Fri May 10, 2019 10:18 pm

..just when I was planning to curb my spending after $20k of modular gear in less than a year :cry:

Initially I was thinking it was just a more sexier looking Morphagene but it seems like its got so much more.

joem
Ultra Wiggler

Post by joem » Fri May 10, 2019 10:54 pm

cackland wrote:Does anyone know where Jason gets his panels manufactured?
Not so sure where they're manufactured matters too much. I haven't seen one in person, but from the photos they look like the use fairly standard PCB manufacturing to me. The design is the awesome part. Excellent use of traces and soldermask and fills and lack thereof.

Dancing_Bananas
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Dancing_Bananas » Sun May 12, 2019 5:19 pm

Very curious about what "Granular processor (Lexer method)" means.

lauprellim
Common Wiggler

Post by lauprellim » Sun May 12, 2019 5:59 pm

Love Harmonaig and Scion. Really interested in the granular!!
Have a good trip! — Karlheinz Stockhausen

digidandy
Veteran Wiggler

Post by digidandy » Mon May 13, 2019 12:49 am

"End of the year" availability, so time to save up, thank goodness.

jonne74
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by jonne74 » Mon May 13, 2019 4:13 am

Came here for the granular, but the looper with its workflow and UI looks so nice.

Virusinstaller
Common Wiggler

Post by Virusinstaller » Mon May 13, 2019 6:02 am

Instruo are some of the most beautiful modules around right now.
Straight up :fire:

jah_vengeance
Common Wiggler

Post by jah_vengeance » Mon May 13, 2019 4:24 pm

Dancing_Bananas wrote:Very curious about what "Granular processor (Lexer method)" means.
I think it might relate to a chap named Sebastian Lexer who has worked a bit with Jason (possibly on this module). I might be wrong on that, so possibly Jason will chime in.

pr0t0
Wiggling with Experience

Post by pr0t0 » Wed May 15, 2019 12:07 pm

Jason you freak! A-mazing.
FS - VC Noiz, QPLFO, SSM & Expander, Digital VCA, G8, Stoichea, ModDemix

isi909
Learning to Wiggle

Post by isi909 » Thu May 16, 2019 7:26 pm

I got a demo at superbooth incredible module
convinced me immediately
the idea with the microphone is very exciting...!
live repitch of the microphone would be great

Summa
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Summa » Fri May 17, 2019 2:18 am

tried this and the looper at SB and :deadbanana:

Paranormal Patroler
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Paranormal Patroler » Fri May 17, 2019 3:07 am

Summa wrote:tried this and the looper at SB and :deadbanana:
It's the looper that I'm craving for.
All rights reserved; all wrongs reversed.

Hazza26
Common Wiggler

Post by Hazza26 » Fri May 17, 2019 3:31 am

Really pleased I held off on the Nebula.. that LED wave on the front panel, unreal!

mdoudoroff
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mdoudoroff » Fri May 17, 2019 7:37 am

I’ve been anticipating a solid video from the floor from DivKid, but so far, no dice.

coolshirtdotjpg
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by coolshirtdotjpg » Fri May 17, 2019 1:32 pm

When y'all are done talking about the blinkinlites, can we discuss the windowing on this thing?! It sounds incredible, as much as I like clouds, this strikes me as much more musical (which is no critique of clouds, I prefer the smearing effect of clouds for some purposes) and rhythmic.
New album Innsport 86 available now:

https://repairerofreputations.bandcamp. ... nnsport-86

Ras Thavas
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Ras Thavas » Fri May 17, 2019 2:50 pm

It looks like there are 3 main window shapes, square (good for sidebands), a more typical gaussian window, and a percussive envelope shape. Less clear to me right now is if they morph. Does look like there's VC over the window shape if I'm reading the panel right.

I appreciate the addition of more flexibility in windowing, as this will allow a range of sounds from harsher to smoother. Especially at higher grain rates, morning/changing the window shape can create interesting timbral effects in the resulting cloud.

I'm curious what the maximum number of simultaneous grains is, as that will have a big effect on what mileage can be wrung out of the different window shapes.

coolshirtdotjpg wrote:When y'all are done talking about the blinkinlites, can we discuss the windowing on this thing?! It sounds incredible, as much as I like clouds, this strikes me as much more musical (which is no critique of clouds, I prefer the smearing effect of clouds for some purposes) and rhythmic.

coolshirtdotjpg
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by coolshirtdotjpg » Fri May 17, 2019 3:29 pm

Ras Thavas wrote:It looks like there are 3 main window shapes, square (good for sidebands), a more typical gaussian window, and a percussive envelope shape. Less clear to me right now is if they morph. Does look like there's VC over the window shape if I'm reading the panel right.

I appreciate the addition of more flexibility in windowing, as this will allow a range of sounds from harsher to smoother. Especially at higher grain rates, morning/changing the window shape can create interesting timbral effects in the resulting cloud.

I'm curious what the maximum number of simultaneous grains is, as that will have a big effect on what mileage can be wrung out of the different window shapes.

coolshirtdotjpg wrote:When y'all are done talking about the blinkinlites, can we discuss the windowing on this thing?! It sounds incredible, as much as I like clouds, this strikes me as much more musical (which is no critique of clouds, I prefer the smearing effect of clouds for some purposes) and rhythmic.
Yeah, this is great point, for those that come from a Xenakis/European school of granular synthesis, many of the of granular modules that are out on the market aren't going to cut it. It would be great to be able to have very dense grain clouds, especially on the more percussive sounds.
New album Innsport 86 available now:

https://repairerofreputations.bandcamp. ... nnsport-86

thebrotherspus
Veteran Wiggler

Post by thebrotherspus » Mon May 20, 2019 8:40 am

Here's another vid.
The only thing that seemed kinda weird to me (I could be misunderstanding things) was that it appeared that every time you record into a buffer, it always records from the start of the buffer. It would be nice to be able to record sections at any place in the buffer. Also, it seemed a bit strange that if you don't completely fill the buffer with recorded audio, the remaining empty portion is still kept as part of the buffer. So if you were to cv through the full buffer, you'd potentially get lots of area with no sound at all. Perhaps I'm interpreting this wrong. It'll be nice to hear/see more demos as the module progresses.
Definitely looks pretty cool though.

[video][/video]

mdoudoroff
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mdoudoroff » Mon May 20, 2019 8:58 am

thebrotherspus wrote:Here's another vid.
The only thing that seemed kinda weird to me (I could be misunderstanding things) was that it appeared that every time you record into a buffer, it always records from the start of the buffer. It would be nice to be able to record sections at any place in the buffer. Also, it seemed a bit strange that if you don't completely fill the buffer with recorded audio, the remaining empty portion is still kept as part of the buffer. So if you were to cv through the full buffer, you'd potentially get lots of area with no sound at all. Perhaps I'm interpreting this wrong.
I think you’re interpreting it correctly. It may not be possible to control the start point of capture, but you seem to be able to control the amount of overdubbing, so if you can wait until the cursor gets to where you want, you could selectively drop something new in at an approximate spot?

Seems like the overarching philosophy is to use the different buffers to build up a set of samples and then move between them.

flashheart
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by flashheart » Tue May 21, 2019 5:04 pm

Had a demo of this at SB. All the current granular modules seem a bit opaque to me (i'm dense), even though I get the idea the lack of visual feedback is a problem. The visual feedback on this was amazing, I understood what was happening easily and the panels are even more gorgeous in the flesh.

BTW the LED buffer display consists of 128 SMT LEDs and they were hand soldered on the prototypes!
They were giving away nice 1HP panels with the company details and contact on it, sadly I lost mine :doh:
I'm not buying a maths though, not my idea of fun...

wvrm
Learning to Wiggle

Post by wvrm » Wed May 22, 2019 1:06 am

Damn, this looks awesome. I'd been contemplating on getting a Morphagene (and I understand that they're not altogether similar in features), but this looks so much more fun and immediate.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”