Instruo arbhar granular processor

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

Phitar
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Phitar » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:56 pm

Any more recent/newer demos available?

I could see this combining with clouds or morphagene quite nicely.

Wish there was more free cash... Anyone want to buy a dog? He only shits on the floor a couple times a week... Short hair. Few fleas. Bargain at $575!
At the Enrichment Center we promise never to value your safety above your unique ideas and creativity. - Portal

Waiting for the electrician... or someone like him. - Firesign

pekbro
Common Wiggler

Post by pekbro » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:24 pm

Just went up for pre-order at perfect circuit!

Hovercraft
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Hovercraft » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:08 am

brandonlogic wrote:so this cant do any real time processing similar to clouds?
It looks like it can simultaneously record material into the buffer and playback granular processed material, so yes to real-time processing.

thetwlo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by thetwlo » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:24 am

These sound great, but to me they are the ugliest looking modules I've seen, it wouldn't stop me from buying them, but I do keep forgetting about them. They just look like cheap knock-offs of something TO ME. I know it doesn't matter what they look like, but it is easy to not want these when the look like this.

Bartelby
Common Wiggler

Post by Bartelby » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:04 am

thetwlo wrote:These sound great, but to me they are the ugliest looking modules I've seen, it wouldn't stop me from buying them, but I do keep forgetting about them. They just look like cheap knock-offs of something TO ME. I know it doesn't matter what they look like, but it is easy to not want these when the look like this.
Conversely, I think Instruo modules are some of the nicest looking modules available. They're not just a panel with knobs and jack throw at them, nor are they modules with unnecessary splashy graphics on.

I'm going to wait for my local (30 miles away) shop to get the Arbhar and the Lúbadh in and see if we can work out a deal for the two.

thetwlo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by thetwlo » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:30 am

Bartelby wrote:
thetwlo wrote:These sound great, but to me they are the ugliest looking modules I've seen, it wouldn't stop me from buying them, but I do keep forgetting about them. They just look like cheap knock-offs of something TO ME. I know it doesn't matter what they look like, but it is easy to not want these when the look like this.
Conversely, I think Instruo modules are some of the nicest looking modules available. They're not just a panel with knobs and jack throw at them, nor are they modules with unnecessary splashy graphics on.

I'm going to wait for my local (30 miles away) shop to get the Arbhar and the Lúbadh in and see if we can work out a deal for the two.
they are about excess, Gold everything. The placement of jacks is great, ala Buchla, 200e, but that even had downsides. too dense is hard to tweaK/ USE.

Bartelby
Common Wiggler

Post by Bartelby » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:14 am

thetwlo wrote:
Bartelby wrote:

they are about excess, Gold everything. The placement of jacks is great, ala Buchla, 200e, but that even had downsides. too dense is hard to tweaK/ USE.
How do you feel about Folktek modules? :)

davide3737
Common Wiggler

Post by davide3737 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:10 am

Does anyone know whether it's possible to save the contents of the buffers? Jason of Instruo mentions a memory dump to a USB port in the Superbooth interview, but there's no mention of saving/loading in the quick start guide.

BogartDestructo
Learning to Wiggle

Post by BogartDestructo » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:16 am

I don't own any Instruo modules atm (i will defo rectify this soon) but i just wanted to say i think design-wise they are just beautiful!

Obviously id never buy a module purely on look alone, but i'd never NOT buy one just because of how it looked!

The system Jason had at Superbooth 19 (see Divkid vid) is nothing short of stunning to me - including the blanks! I actually revisited that video the other day and thought about dropping a line to Jason somewhere just to commend him on the Instruo aesthetic. So i guess i'll do that here now;

Jason - I think your modules are f***ing gorgeous mate!

akrenaut
Learning to Wiggle

Post by akrenaut » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:22 am

I think it will be a very interesting module. I have the cs-L and its one of my favorite oscillators.

What's really cool about the 2hp expander for the Arbhar is that it looks as though you will not have to purchase it separately. It notes that its included with the main module. Much praise for that. Now if the other mfgs can start including their expander modules at no additional cost...that would be great.

bc3
Veteran Wiggler

Post by bc3 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:50 am

akrenaut wrote:I think it will be a very interesting module. I have the cs-L and its one of my favorite oscillators.

What's really cool about the 2hp expander for the Arbhar is that it looks as though you will not have to purchase it separately. It notes that its included with the main module. Much praise for that. Now if the other mfgs can start including their expander modules at no additional cost...that would be great.
no offense to Instruo at all but at that price point the expander should not be a separate purchase IMO

Zymos
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Zymos » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:13 pm

bc3 wrote:
akrenaut wrote:I think it will be a very interesting module. I have the cs-L and its one of my favorite oscillators.

no offense to Instruo at all but at that price point the expander should not be a separate purchase IMO
It isn't.

gran_syth
Learning to Wiggle

Post by gran_syth » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:08 am

There’s a new video here:

cackland
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cackland » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:00 pm

gran_syth wrote:There’s a new video here:

Thanks.

matttech
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by matttech » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:20 pm

(you can embed it by removing the "s" from the "https" at the start of the URL)
:tu:

[video][/video]

behndy
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by behndy » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:02 pm

jia. i looooove Instruo stuff. have one in preorder from DetMod.

looks so GOOD.
music, noise, in progress silliness - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

gonkulator
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by gonkulator » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:12 am

Bartelby wrote:
thetwlo wrote:
How do you feel about Folktek modules? :)
I can't stand the Folktek designs; they actually give me a bit of a visceral response, I'm not sure how to explain it. I get the same reaction with other kinds of patterns sometimes. As for Instruo, I like the gold on black, especially with the other colors. But I think there is a bit too much gold on several of them, where almost everything is outlined in gold. The SCION which I own is much better balanced. Really looking forward to the arbhar.
Racks
Solaris Site
Stuff for sale
Stuff for sale shown on Modulargrid
WTB: Black panels

Unflappably nonchalant, with some exceptions

Zijnzijn Zijnzijn!
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Zijnzijn Zijnzijn! » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:28 pm

Anybody have any insight as to when these are gonna ship? So hyped to get my hands on it!

Audiodaan
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Audiodaan » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:29 pm

Zijnzijn Zijnzijn! wrote:Anybody have any insight as to when these are gonna ship? So hyped to get my hands on it!
Apparently preorders might ship this Friday or early next week. But that is just an estimate from the retailer I preordered at.

wigwig
Wiggling with Experience

Post by wigwig » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:13 pm

My question, too.
I don’t care about exporting. Just want some continuity from day to day.
I guess we’ll have to wait to find out :whistle:
davide3737 wrote:Does anyone know whether it's possible to save the contents of the buffers? Jason of Instruo mentions a memory dump to a USB port in the Superbooth interview, but there's no mention of saving/loading in the quick start guide.
Mabel encounters a peahen.

trickness
Wiggling with Experience

Post by trickness » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:33 pm

I've been holding off on buying a Morphagene (which has unique features & SD card obviously so not a perfectly direct competitor) because the Arbhar (and Lubadh) seem to be much more intuitive to use... looking forward to these getting out into the wild.

Mentasm
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Mentasm » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:00 pm

Audiodaan wrote:
Zijnzijn Zijnzijn! wrote:Anybody have any insight as to when these are gonna ship? So hyped to get my hands on it!
Apparently preorders might ship this Friday or early next week. But that is just an estimate from the retailer I preordered at.
So I preordered mine from Perfect Circuit a few weeks ago. Just called in to see the estimated ship date, they're saying around Christmas. Hope yours arrives sooner than that!!!

mharpum
Ultra Wiggler

Post by mharpum » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:51 am

Cymru Beats in Bristol has them in stock today. I am severely tempted!
https://soundcloud.com/mark-harpum

https://www.instagram.com/harpum1/?hl=en

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/456680

FS/T loquelic v1, korgasmatron 2 w/ expander, zdsp w/ 4 cards, seq 1, control forge, rt60, English tear(faulty),

WTB anything WMD and Noise Engineering.

Bartelby
Common Wiggler

Post by Bartelby » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:59 am

mharpum wrote:Cymru Beats in Bristol has them in stock today. I am severely tempted!
I'm in Bristol tomorrow. A short walk from Cymru Beats/Elevator Sounds...
I was planning on popping in anyway... :help:

Mentasm
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Mentasm » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:43 am

mharpum wrote:Cymru Beats in Bristol has them in stock today. I am severely tempted!
Shit, dare I cancel my preorder out of impatience? Please report back if you nab one! I would love to hear thoughts from general users.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”