MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

The sauce of uncertainty
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author The sauce of uncertainty
joncharliefeathers
Of course, this is really about the source of uncertainty.. but like the concept itself, I have a certain uncertainty as to in what way approach the subject.

So, perhaps in order to set out the north, south, west and east of the source, I couldn’t think of a better compass point than this...

What are the sauce modules you should have should you want to circumnavigate the source of uncertainty

EDIT: you can exclude the one sauce, the source itself, which is itself, the source of uncertainty.

That’s it, besides the source of uncertainty, what sauce of uncertainty makes the passage possible..
Yes Powder
mmpingo
Too much modulation from The Sauce of Unce or, who knows, maybe Red Panel licks. lol
Parnelli
I have a few different flavors of Sauce of Uncertainty; I like to shake them up with the Vector Space while I stir them with the Joystick of Chaos, which is modulated by another flavor of the Sauce... the resulting palette of CV's go to various Destinations of Desire... thumbs up
R.U.Nuts
Yes Powder wrote:

Bad case of Wogglebug bite. w00t
thetaflux
if you're asking what the best SOU style module in euro is, it's absolutely the frap tools sapel. accept no substitutes.
AlanP

That's the closest to the original 266 in Eurorack (but I'm biased.) Complicated build, though.
mhtones
I thought this was a thread about the NLC Sauce of Unce module.

If I'm understanding your intention correctly, I'd recommend looking at Nonlinearcircuits modules including the above. In particular I like triple sloths and Hypster. Those 2 output chaos as opposed to random but pehaps that is what you mean by "circumvent"? And when crossmodulated or feedback patched, can generate some fantastic variable smooth waveforms.
listentoaheartbeat
ModusOp
AlanP wrote:

That's the closest to the original 266 in Eurorack (but I'm biased.) Complicated build, though.

jawdrop WAAANT!! Who can make me one of these?!
Synnic
I have a number of ways to create controlled chaos in my cases. Noise sources patched into Mystic Circuits Vert is one good one. Here's one patch example of that. .
vidret
listentoaheartbeat wrote:

ya hold up let me just buy 6 modules to get a random cv.
RichyHo
vidret wrote:

Six cheap modules that you can use for other things too. 266E = £949. These are less than half of that. Also consider you'll be getting updated versions of the Slew and LFOs for that money. Add in a 149-1/2 pair and you've got random covered.

Forumcat #2
cptnal
RichyHo wrote:
vidret wrote:

Six cheap modules that you can use for other things too. 266E = £949. These are less than half of that. Also consider you'll be getting updated versions of the Slew and LFOs for that money. Add in a 149-1/2 pair and you've got random covered.

Forumcat #2

Patching a modular synth? Interesting idea. hmmm.....
Risc_Terilia
cptnal wrote:
RichyHo wrote:
vidret wrote:

Forumcat #2

Patching a modular synth? Interesting idea. hmmm.....

Exactly. Volume 342 of people not wanting to use a modular synth in a modular way.
joncharliefeathers
That's a good looking cable illustration, thanks. Will try this..
listentoaheartbeat
vidret wrote:
listentoaheartbeat wrote:

Try not to think about buying stuff for a second, there is a chance you can patch this up with your modular already.

joncharliefeathers wrote:
That's a good looking cable illustration, thanks. Will try this..

Cheers, it's from Doepfer's patch examples. There is a description, too:

http://www.doepfer.de/a100_man/a100_patch.htm
joncharliefeathers
Thanks, will find out what the 176 is. Otherwise, have all the bits
VM
+1 for NLC Triple Sloths. I have it churning away underneath all my drones.
listentoaheartbeat
joncharliefeathers wrote:
Thanks, will find out what the 176 is. Otherwise, have all the bits

It's just a variable offset used as a macro controller, adjusting the LFO (that triggers the S&H) and the slew rate at the same time. This way the slew rate always matches the duration between two sampled values.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1