MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Coloured Tall trimmers at Bonzai
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Coloured Tall trimmers at Bonzai
paperCUT
https://www.banzaimusic.com/song-huei/

Haven't seen these before, nice for a bit of flair cool

mskala
The fact that they're sold under the name "trimmers" is a warning: they are only rated for a lifetime of 15,000 cycles, which is considerably less than you get out of a high-quality panel pot. Depending on where they're used and whether they will be turned frequently, they may not be optimal for reliability.
Jarno
Also, Banzaimusic Dead Banana
NV
mskala wrote:
The fact that they're sold under the name "trimmers" is a warning: they are only rated for a lifetime of 15,000 cycles, which is considerably less than you get out of a high-quality panel pot. Depending on where they're used and whether they will be turned frequently, they may not be optimal for reliability.

15,000 cycles is typical for the carbon panel pots used in most modules, and Song Huei is the go-to brand for the ubiquitous attenuator minipots in eurorack. Sealed conductive plastic pots are a major step up in longevity but most DIYers/manufacturers balk at the 4x price difference, so I don't imagine the accessible kit shops stocking them.
keninverse
NV wrote:

15,000 cycles is typical for the carbon panel pots used in most modules, and Song Huei is the go-to brand for the ubiquitous attenuator minipots in eurorack. Sealed conductive plastic pots are a major step up in longevity but most DIYers/manufacturers balk at the 4x price difference, so I don't imagine the accessible kit shops stocking them.

I always worry about the longevity of modules built with pcb mounted pots but particularly worry about boards built up with these guys. I generally use P09 pots from BI simply because they're rated for longevity not just better performance. Now that everyone is moving to tall trimmers I expect there will be a burgeoning field of repairmen cursing these little grabby monsters. They'll be prying and mangling PCBs for years to come. Can't wait for the gearslutz threads.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1