MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Teletype Vs Rene
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Teletype Vs Rene
musicweasel
I am generally into generative systems and Rene, despite it's capabilities is still to static and predetermined for my tastes. I am comfortable with coding and Teletype looks really cool. Does anyone think it could replace Rene?

Also, I'm out growing my shared system case with the CV bus. Does anyone know if that CV bus will fit into any other cases?
Rex Coil 7
musicweasel wrote:
I am generally into generative systems and Rene, despite it's capabilities is still to static and predetermined for my tastes. I am comfortable with coding and Teletype looks really cool. Does anyone think it could replace Rene?

Also, I'm out growing my shared system case with the CV bus. Does anyone know if that CV bus will fit into any other cases?
Might help if you provide a link to what ~Teletype~ is so others know what you're talking about.
diophantine
Rex Coil 7 wrote:
Might help if you provide a link to what ~Teletype~ is so others know what you're talking about.

I didn't know either, but google to the rescue:
https://monome.org/docs/modular/teletype/

Perhaps best for the Eurorack forum; up the mods.
cg_funk
musicweasel wrote:

There are a lot of folks that swear by the Teletype. It can technically do anything a computer script can do, so yeah it can sequence CV too.

Can Teletype replace Rene? Well... no not exactly. But only because Rene is more than just a sequencer, it's an interface to your modular that you touch and interact with. Teletype is just a screen with a USB port for a keyboard. The Teletype would surely be able to produce all the same voltages as Rene, you'd just lose the whole module/human interaction aspect of it all.

Guess it just depends on how you like to modular. This is fun!
starthief
I've never owned a Rene, but Teletype is fantastic for generative sequencing if you're comfortable with a little code, so I think you'd like it a lot.

Obviously on its own it lacks hands-on control -- but the 16n Faderbank pairs with it very nicely, and Monome's various controllers seem to be popular among people who use it.

I got mine originally to replace two Euclidean pattern sequencers and a burst generator, but it's much more than that. smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1