MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

BionicLester mk3, Andore Jr, Kermit mk3, Malgorithm mk3
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author BionicLester mk3, Andore Jr, Kermit mk3, Malgorithm mk3
mt3

"The Andore jr. dual envelope and VCA/lowpass gate, Kermit MK III quad LFO, and Malgorithm MK III bit and sample rate reducer as well as wave shaper."
And Bionic Lester mk III.
At the Superbooth.

Ummm, damn.

EDIT: Hello gearslutz.

EDIT: DivKid vid.

EDIT: Animato vid.

Leverkusen
Here it is with some more verbal elaboration - the idea of preset quad LFO and Malgorithm sounds quite exciting to me. The Bionic Lester seems to sound way more clean now but the filter mode modulation will surely be great...

mt3
https://www.instagram.com/p/BxSTQwfoNlp
ether
... wallet runs screaming ...

mt3
ether wrote:
... wallet runs screaming ...

Put that thing back into your pants. ETA is end of the year.
The Harvestman
Godphaser
Very exciting news!
Leverkusen
mt3 wrote:
ETA is end of the year.
The Harvestman

I just hope that Kermit and the Malgorithm will still have the SD-card slot then... Chewbacca
mt3
Added gearslutz vid to original post.
thetwlo
mt3 wrote:
Kermit MK III quad LFO,

so, no MK II Kermit? seriously, i just don't get it
Tyme Sefari mkII update, Scott said very soon about 2 years ago. any news?
Leverkusen
thetwlo wrote:
mt3 wrote:
Kermit MK III quad LFO,

He certainly wants to keep the MKIII morphing preset line named consistently - Bionic Lester did also skip one version, didn't it?

Regarding the so far experience I would not be surprised if the Tyme Sefari software development would lead to an MKIII version before it gets released on the MKII. I don't have one - are there any issues with the MKII?

I guess by now I find the MKIII interesting for the developed feature set and the MKI for the rawness of design and sound. I got into Harvestman/IME relatively late mostly because the MKII line did not seem very interesting to me.
temaniak
Anybody have scans of these booklets with panels of new modules that we can see in videos?
mt3
thetwlo wrote:
mt3 wrote:
Kermit MK III quad LFO,

Kermit originally was released as a mk II model (there was no mk I).

Yes, agree with promised Tyme Sefari firmware update. Need it now.
It promised various improvements/refinements to fidelity, less noise, etc.
Voggg
Verrry curious about the Kermit & Malgo, even though I don't have any space for them. Thankfully they won't be out for a while. BL & AJ also look great but I have enough filters & vcas at this point.

I don't have any issues with Tyme Sefari personally and still finding new uses for it. If a new firmware comes, great, if not that's fine too. I have other "clean" delays so if he were to make a mk3, it would have to be really bizarre for me to replace the mk2.
gringostar
Leverkusen wrote:
I guess by now I find the MKIII interesting for the developed feature set and the MKI for the rawness of design and sound. I got into Harvestman/IME relatively late mostly because the MKII line did not seem very interesting to me.

The MK1 versions are amazing and I would absolutely recommend picking them up if you can find a good deal on them. I couldn't imagine replacing my Bionic Lester/Double Andore/Tyme Sefari+ASoT MK1 (especially since my TS seems to be more of a MK1.5) and the MK1 Hertz Donut is magic and will be in my main oscillator rotation along with the HD&PH MK3.
Hi5
So Bionic Lester isn't a switched capacitor design anymore? Seems kind of vanilla honestly. Guess I'll have to track down an MK1 or Bi-N-Tic
mt3
Hi5 wrote:
So Bionic Lester isn't a switched capacitor design anymore? Seems kind of vanilla honestly. Guess I'll have to track down an MK1 or Bi-N-Tic

For switched cap filters, in order of usability:
Bionic Lester
Synchrodyne
Bi 'n' Tic
Sinamsis
Hi5 wrote:

I believe I saw a mk I BL in the BST; I somehow managed to control myself and not buy it.
Sinamsis
I think BL mk III is the first of these modules we'll see. Looking forward to all of them honestly, and I will make room for them all. I've always been a big fan of Scott's design choices, but the mk III line is next level.

Regarding Tyme Sefari mk II I believe Scott had said that the hardware doesn't really need an update at this point, but he did mention a firmware update a while ago. I think time frame is always up in the air as other things come up. Personally I have considered selling mine on multiple occasions, but I always conclude it's a failure of my imagination and I just need to explore further.
Leverkusen
gringostar wrote:
Leverkusen wrote:

The MK1 versions are amazing and I would absolutely recommend picking them up if you can find a good deal on them. I couldn't imagine replacing my Bionic Lester/Double Andore/Tyme Sefari+ASoT MK1 (especially since my TS seems to be more of a MK1.5) and the MK1 Hertz Donut is magic and will be in my main oscillator rotation along with the HD&PH MK3.

I just got a Hertz Donut MKI via Reverb - unfortunately both primary frequency pots seem to be broken. very frustrating waah

Or ist it known, that they are very wonky and only work when you turn them slowly? The modulator behaves as expected though.

The sound is great indeed and pretty much what I was hoping for. A great companion for the MKIII - I hope it is fixable...but why shouldn't it...
Voggg
looks like BL will be maybe 15 hp and the others around 12 hp? Can anyone confirm or deny?
Hi5
mt3 wrote:
Hi5 wrote:

Bionic Lester
Synchrodyne
Bi 'n' Tic

Had the Synchrodyne and Bi'n'tic and regret selling the Bi'n'tic quite regularly. Still need to try the MK1 BL
mt3
Hi5 wrote:
mt3 wrote:
Hi5 wrote:

Bionic Lester
Synchrodyne
Bi 'n' Tic

Had the Synchrodyne and Bi'n'tic and regret selling the Bi'n'tic quite regularly. Still need to try the MK1 BL

Bi'n'Tic has a lot of "dead spots". How did you work around that?

Not really related to anything, but I felt the Synchrodyne & Expander is the greatest module in modular synthesis (caveat: limited synthesis experience).
mt3
Added DivKid vid.
mt3
Bionic Lester mk III input overdrive AT superbooth2019:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BxXpeQiDACH
mt3

Missed this one.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3