ES-3 and ES-5 at 96k with SMUX and Pro Tools

Discussion and support for Expert Sleepers' Silent Way software and hardware.

Moderators: Kent, os

Djehuti
Common Wiggler

ES-3 and ES-5 at 96k with SMUX and Pro Tools

Post by Djehuti » Sun May 12, 2019 8:52 am

I have an ES-3, with an ES-5 connected to the first header, connected to ADAT outputs on my audio interface. I run Pro Tools at 96k, so I use the AAX SMUX module (on two stereo aux channels; one feeding from a stereo bus pair and a mono sidechain bus, outputting to ES-3 "1&2" (smuxed to 1-4), another feeding from a second stereo bus pair and another mono sidechain bus, and outputting to ES-3 "3&4" (smuxed to 5-8).

This appears to make the CV 4 output on the ES-3 mirror the same signal as CV 3, is that correct? (With maybe some pan law applied?)

But what about the ES-5? Should I expect to get anything useful from the ES-5, or is the pan law that gets applied to the single sidechain input going to mess with the bits such that the gates on ch7-8 will be garbage? I haven't been able to get the ES-5 to output anything useful at 96k.

I'd like to use the ES-5 to output clocks and other triggers from my DAW, but have had to use the ES-3 CV outs for those instead so far.
Life's too short to not buy more modules.

Here's my current system.
Find me on iTunes or on SoundCloud.

Djehuti
Common Wiggler

Post by Djehuti » Sun May 12, 2019 9:46 am

Just realized I can use Blue Cat Patchwork to route 4 channels from the AAX Silent Way Voice Controller to an SMUX plugin internally and get the use of all 4 channels of the SMUX.

Just tested this out and it works. :nana:
Life's too short to not buy more modules.

Here's my current system.
Find me on iTunes or on SoundCloud.

Return to “Expert Sleepers”