MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Modules for sequencing
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Modules for sequencing
msegarra
I’m trying to figure out the best ways to compliment my sequencers
I have varigate8+ and rene mk1 voltage block
I’m thinking obviously quantisation an clock division and multiplication
Are there any other modules you would suggest for modifying your sequences? Such as logic?
lisa
I like sending euclidean rhythms to my René, to make the sequences interesting. Pamela’s New Workout or Knight’s Gallop performs those duties in my rack but there are many other modules that does this.
R.U.Nuts
lisa wrote:
I like sending euclidean rhythms to my René, to make the sequences interesting. Pamela’s New Workout or Knight’s Gallop performs those duties in my rack but there are many other modules that does this.

Yepp. My Knight's Gallop is basically hardwired to my René w00t
Msegerra: You could try and use a trigger sequence from your Varigate to trigger René. Also watch the video tutorials by James Cigler on René.
Furthermore the Doepfer A-185-2 precision adder is brillant for mixing any kind of CV source including pitch sequences.
luketeaford
Sample and holds are classic pairings with a sequencer. If you sample the outgoing voltage at a slower clock rate, you get a different pattern. If you sample any voltage at the regular clock rate, sometimes it will be high enough to trigger and on time with the clock-- so you can use that to create new rhythms or resample a gate sequence.

You can combine those tricks, too.
smithjohn
Trigger delays could be cool if you don't always want a tight beat. Sequential switches can Make a 16-step seq out of two 8-step ones with help from a clock divider and much more. Controlling clock rate with the sequencer being clocked can yield very shonky rhythms.

Also, +1 on the Doepfer A-185-2.
msegarra
Wow thank you everyone for your suggestions I think i have some good ideas to play with now, just hope something like disting mk4 can cover a bit of these.
Agawell
a sequential switch would be a great idea too - I also like branches, for a bit of randomness rhythmically, and a switched multiple - to add some variation

disting is brilliant, the biggest problem with it though is that it can only do one thing at a time (mostly)

you can probably pic up a sample and hold, a clock divider, a precision adder and a sequential switch, used, perhaps, for not that much more than a new disting - but will take quite a bit more space - look at doepfer and ladik for modules
The Grump
SDS RIT_M. Check it out. Super well made, fun and inspiring, rather unique.
gringostar
You mentioned logic modules and it seems like no one has commented on them so I'll say that the Logica XT is amazing although it's like the Disting in that it can do so much but only one of those things at a time. Another great utility module is the SSF/WMD Tool-Box which gives you a whole range of utilities you can use at all times.
cackland
Switches and vcas
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1