MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Had anyone thought about making an adat eurorack module ?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Had anyone thought about making an adat eurorack module ?
drowld
I've been using expert sleepers es3/6 for a while now. And i can't seems to find any other makers releasing adat modules/interfaces.

Are they hard to make or costly ?
It doesnt looks like from the PCB but i'm not well versed into the science of building modules smile

Would it be hard to make a diy version based on thoses modules?
Honestly i'm fine with expert sleepers but the jack in are really really bad. Nothing come close to their wonkyness and i often disconnect them..

Any ideas on the matter? anyone has already thought about it ?
Rex Coil 7
drowld wrote:
I've been using expert sleepers es3/6 for a while now....

Honestly i'm fine with expert sleepers but the jack in are really really bad. Nothing come close to their wonkyness and i often disconnect them....
And yet Os (owner/designer of Expert Sleepers) continues to gaslight everyone that complains about the "wonky jacks" and insists one of two things ... that the jacks are "fine" ... or that it's the manufacturer's fault and "the next batch should be better".

On the issue of other ADAT/Toslink equipped Euro modules, I'm no help there.

seriously, i just don't get it
JimY
I don't know any, but I have noticed that CoolAudio sell chips for ADAT interfaces. V1401 and V1402. I wouldn't know how to use them though.
drowld
JimY wrote:
I don't know any, but I have noticed that CoolAudio sell chips for ADAT interfaces. V1401 and V1402. I wouldn't know how to use them though.

thanks i'll investigate. Not much content exist on the matter. It's like there isnt many diy adat stuff around
mxmxmx
fwiw, there's this: https://github.com/PaulStoffregen/Audio/blob/master/output_adat.cpp ... which is part of the pjrc "audio library". 8 channels (with say CS42448, which is already/also supported), output only though
drowld
mxmxmx wrote:
fwiw, there's this: https://github.com/PaulStoffregen/Audio/blob/master/output_adat.cpp ... which is part of the pjrc "audio library". 8 channels (with say CS42448, which is already/also supported), output only though

Thanks smile

I think i'll also try to unsolder the jack and replace them. Maybe that's the first step before getting into the hassle of designing something
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1